TTATT family blow out

by redvip2000 40 Replies latest watchtower bible

• steve2
    steve2

Oh, red, well done. I so admire you!

Black Sheep offers the most helpful advice in response to your sterling witness to your Witness family. You have provided excellent food for thought. Don't turn yourself back into a JW mentality by bringing up TTATT at every opportunity. But do expect them to answer the key points you raised should they bring the topic up. Be a broken record. Do not scatter your potent points by bringing up more and more because you risk their good will evaporating.

Isn't it revealing how pathetically little the rank and file Witnesses know about their own organization's history and the core reasoning/explanations behind their central teachings? Yet, when they have a captive and ignorant audience, they spout off such confidently baseless tripe.

Oh, on a really pleasant note: all credit to your family for not frosting you out. They sound like a good natured bunch of people - as indeed you do too.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Well done done Red, you are showing true love for your family by trying to enlighten them with the REAL truth!! And the fact that you weren't shunned afterwards, tells me that you have reached them with your more informed mind. Best Wishes for your future discussions!

On a similar 'planting seeds" theme, I answered at the KH last night during the Bible highlights. I said that I used to understand that the scrolls spoken of in Revelation 20:12 would be opened during Christ's 1000 years reign, but when reading verses 1-10 we get Scriptural clarification © that Satan is first abyssed, then let loose, then finally destroyed, before these scrolls are actually opened. The look of horror on the elder's face was a joy to behold!!

He'd just had a Bible truth thrown in his face, AND in front of the whole congregation, which clearly contradicted and ridiculed the GB's teaching, but he couldn't say a damned thing about it!

I'll wait and see if I'm told that I'm running ahead of the Org - to which I'd reply that I'm not lagging behind God's Word!

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Great! This is exactly what happens in so much JW family's at this moment. Brooklyn The Great will fall soon.

Gorby

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Yes, well done indeed. Here's hoping you're a prophet Gorby.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

"What? You're leaving out the good part!!!

Tell us more"

Thanks all for the responses. I can offer a bit more on it. After this conversation, i made a point of not bringing up anything about religion as to not ruin the vacation.

Still, that same night after most went to bed i was in the living room watching tv and my sister came and sat down. She initiated a conversation about history, as she knows i'm a history "buff". So we discussed european history focusing on royal families for a while, and she led the conversation into the subject of life during medieval times. We discussed it, as she began to make a point of how incredibly hard and stressfull life must have been at that point. I agreed. She then mentioned that indeed this ties in with my earlier point about life being much easier today, and i again agreed with her, but did not go further into "the subject" although i could sense some gears turning in her head.

Another subtle thing i noticed, was during the next day as we discussed some family things. During our debate the previous day i had made a point on how ridiculous the new generation interpretation was - with the concept of overlapping generations, to which they had little reply. The next day during a separate conversation she made a point to say that there were " 3 different generations present" in the house. Perhaps i read too much into it, but i feel that again she might have reflected on that subject. In either case i stuck to my decision of not bringing up religion again during my trip.

One last thing i could mention is that my sister's family was invited to a wedding while i was there (congo brothers from her hall). They invited all of them except my teenager nephew because he is not going to the meetings. They actually made a point to call him and tell him they couldn't invite him. The boy is not even baptized, and yet they are shunning him because he does not attend the robo-sessions.

Regards,

Red

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Congradulations redvip2000 on sticking with your decision not to discuss beliefs with your JW family after your intial comments. That must have been very tough for you. Is there anything that you can give to your nephew to help him to stay unbaptized without causing you any adverse reprecussions? Send him an anonymous email like, "If you want to talk about your feelings without being judged, visit www.jehovahs-witness.net like I did."

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• cult classic
    cult classic

Good job!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

redvip2000: They actually made a point to call him and tell him they couldn't invite him. The boy is not even baptized, and yet they are shunning him because he does not attend the robo-sessions.

Thanks for the updates.

How stupid to shun your never baptized nephew. What kind of messages do they think that sends to him. If he was ever thinking of going to the meetings, I'm sure he won't now.

What a messed up religion.

• flipper
    flipper

REDVIP- Wow. Thanks for sharing. It's actually a scary feeling to see a group of JW's in action in full blown denial. It's scary to see how powerful the mind control is from the WT Society and how it has permeated their minds into neutral gear whereby they give ALL of their power and brain cells to the leaders of the WT Society. Incredible. It's really not too different from Jim Jones followers, David Koresh, or any other cults we can think of in HOW the minds of these people get totally turned off and put in defense mode. You handled it well my friend. Hang in there, you never know like you say that you may have planted a seed of doubt in their minds where they will think in time about it. You just never know. Time will tell. Good job, thanks for sharing

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

not to hijack the thread but i like to point out that the ressurection of the dead wo'nt be until the thousand years have ended as well.[according to revelation]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit