Closed WT Branches list.

by Hecce 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

When they were adding branches that was offered up as "proof" of God's blessings. If that was true, then what do these closures now prove?

• St George of England
    St George of England

@JuliaOrwell - A P45 is what your employer gives you when your services are no longer required (UK)

I'm sure the details of AM III's visit will be posted here on Sunday evening; apparently it's being piped to all the KH's in Italy.

George

• fastJehu
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Its kind of interesting since those branches were created to distribute the WTS's literature in those specific areas once the

language had been translated. Now those languages have to be printed in a branch where there's even more

languages to translate into final print. Is the WTS trying to push the majority of their published works onto digital

media for its members to read as well the public ?

Could we see in the future JWS going door to door with just tablets in hand and nothing in paper print at all ?

• Hecce
    Hecce

A correction, the following were only WT Offices and not Branches: Armenia, Belarus, Malta, Nepal and Sudan.

Sorry

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Hecce, no problem my friend, your list is just so valuable. When talking to my JW family I shall have those details in mind, they will not be aware of the extent of closures.

Mind you, they will rationalise them away, and see them as proof we are closer to the fictional "end". Sigh.

• sir82
    sir82

Could we see in the future JWS going door to door with just tablets in hand and nothing in paper print at all ?

That could work in about 25% of the world (North America, Europe, some of Asia, some of South America, a small bit of Africa).

They are still a long way away from not needing anythign at all in printed form.

That said, the day is inevitably coming when JW-only publications ("Study" Watchtowers, Kingdom Ministry, Yearbook, etc.) are digital only.

• Terry
    Terry

The Corporate masters know the places where they are most vulnerable because of secret scandals and potential lawsuits. By pulling out they

minimize exposure.

High dollar jury findings are a knee to the groin. Drastic closings reflect drastic behind-the-scenes machinations,

perturbations and recalibrations.

• besty
    besty

starting with the new year 2014 the german branch is renamed into "central europe branch"

we all know what happened last time Europe was 'centralised' by Germany :-)

just kidding ...!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

High dollar jury findings are a knee to the groin

But Terry realistically the very occasional law suit like whats happened in the States is really

just a drop in a bucket of what the WTS. has on hand in finances.

Personaly I think the wave of digital media distribution is hitting the WTS. in a big way,

realizing themselves the potential of how much money they could save in printing and manufacturing costs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit