My mother tried to "friend"me...my reply

by mzmmom 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• mzmmom
    mzmmom

So strange that last night my experience was bothering me so much I posted about it here. This morning my mother sent me a friend request after 20 months of no communication from her. I replied in a message.

This is what I wrote:
    By sending me a friend request on Facebook, you have provided me an opportunity to express my thoughts, and finalize my healing process. For this I thank you.

If it was a mistake, and you did not intend to have communication with me, please disregard the rest of this message.

You carried me in your belly for nine months. You and **** raised me for 18 years. I cannot fathom “throwing away” any of my children. No matter what they do, or what they choose for their lives, ... I will always be their mom. Nothing in this world could make me stop loving and supporting them.

I was “thrown away” by you and **** three times. The first was when I moved to ****** and went to college. The second was when my oldest child was a baby. The third was in 2012.

You chose this, not me. I called you on a Saturday night and told you we could discuss your stance once you had time to deal with "my uncles" pedophilia. You said “No, it’s too late.” I told you I loved you and I never heard from you again.

I have an amazing little family. My husband is incredible and supportive. My children are wonderful, smart and caring. You know what, I am incredible, too!

I am breaking the cycle of abuse.

One last note before my final “goodbye”.

I hope you open your eyes to the Jehovah’s Witness doctrinal changes and lies. It has been 100 years since 1914. That is nearly three biblical generations, not one.
    Goodbye.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Very well written. It must be a relief that you have been given the opportunity to send such a message of closure.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Nicely written.

• cult classic
    cult classic

Good for you.

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

"Like"

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

Nicely written. There appears to be no anger, no malice. Just stating the facts. All the best to you and your family.

• mzmmom
    mzmmom

Thank you everyone! Yes, it is closure :)

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

It's interesting how some JW's expect you to just come running back and be so grateful that they threw you a crumb after being so hateful for so long. Anything could have happened to you or your family while she took her time to forgive you or whatever it is she is trying to do. No thanks to her, you have a nice family and you are all safe and sound.

I also find it interesting that your Mom "friended" you a day after you made your post here about having been "thrown away" and also that she did this on New Years Day or Eve which is also the 100 year anniversary of the oh so important 1914 date.

It's a long shot I know but do you suppose she or someone else you know, could be lurking on here and saw your post and figured out who you were ? Or what if, because of the 100 years of waiting, on the part of JW's, she's having second thoughts about their history of failed prophecies and is also rethinking the whole shunning thing?

Either way, I think you have the upper hand in this situation now. I like how you let her know that you weren't even sure if her contacting you was intentional and might even have been done by mistake. If she's ready to start treating you decently, the ball is in her court but it's up to you to take it or leave it. For better or worse, you only get one Mom so who knows it might be worth another shot.....I'm just sayin'.

• Come On Out The Waters Fine
  • etna
    etna

Nicely written, hope you are ok.

Etna

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit