Yearbook is late this year

by factfinder 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Evidently the yearbook is late because "necessary printing supplies" were delayed by bad weather...

• factfinder
    factfinder

I wonder if they are waiting for the congregations to recieve their copies before posting it on the internet?

Although as mentioned above, they posted the YB on the internet before congregations recieved copies.

It does seem we are more eager to see the new publications than the active witnesses are!

• factfinder
    factfinder

I agree Gayle- I don't think most witnesses care if they get a new yb or not.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Somethin' fishy going on. I still think it point to no partaker number.

Do they think that by delaying it the troops won't talk about that? I know if there isn't a number its going to rile up at least a few of them, especially the ones who skimmed over the latest nu lite without really understanding the implications.

• steve2
    steve2

All will be revealed...or, knowing the Watchtower, not.

• suavojr
    suavojr

What happens when a JW sits down and really study the publications? They/We end up on this website and eventually become a WT Apostate

• factfinder
    factfinder

if they stop publishing the number of partakers it can only mean the the number has gone way up! And they will have a big problem on their hands as more and more witnesses begin partaking at the memorial!

Maybe the ones in heaven already proved unfaithful so jehovah has to start collecting the 144,000 all over again and that is why the number of partakers keep on increasing!

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

I know that ex-jws wait with baited breath for the stats/figures.

Are active JWs looking at stats/figures or are they looking forward to the articles that affirm their own truth?

I guess I'm asking, do THEY care about the numbers?

• Gayle
    Gayle

There is no purpose to count or know just How many "partakers" there are,,"partakers serve no purpose to the org,,nor to GB

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I always found the stats interesting when I was in. I would pore over them during meeting parts where they'd study some boring section of the boring life stories. Numbers and countries were far more interesting.

I don't see how they could omit the partaking numbers without "stumbling" a lot of jws. Many look to them to see how close the end might be. But the wt might just have to omit them and risk it unless they have a third overlapping generation lined up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit