Yearbook is late this year

by factfinder 39 Replies latest jw friends

• factfinder
    factfinder

Usually I recieve an advanced YB but have not this year. I also notice they have not posted it yet on jw.org.

I wonder if this is due to problems at the printery at Wallkill or they decided to produce the yb later from now on?

Or perhaps they decided not to publish it any more.

Anyone have any info on this?

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Yearbook always comes out in January.

• Londo111
  • Gayle
    Gayle

Last year was on jw.org by Dec 28, 2013,,

• Londo111
    Londo111

It is always so ironic that we seem to be more eager for the new publications than JWs--and we end up being more studious of them than JWs.

Personally, I can’t always read this stuff directly anymore without feeling uneasy, but I always enjoy reading everyone’s commentaries on the publications.

• steve2
    steve2

Londo111's observation is utterly correct. Although Witnesses themselves will make sure they look enthusiatic - and even shed " tears of joy" when holding

their precious new releases in earshot of others - they seldom study those publications studiously. It remains telling that the main "students" of Watchtower publications are those who have either already left the organization - literally - or those still in who would leave if circumstances allowed.

Gayle is also correct: This time last January, the yearbook for 2013 was already available for downloading. Hard copies are usually available in the congregations in January.

A change is always possible. Up until recent years, the annual worldwide country-by-country report on their preaching work was duplicated from the yearbook in the January (and more latterly, the February) Watchtower magazines. It no longer features in its entirety in that magazine - apart from selected "brag" worthy highlights. This is a smart move: It does not risk inadvertently highlighting "strange" and/or unflattering features such as the year-by-year increases in the memorial partakers and the not small number of countries that have not grown much in numbers of active Witnesses for several years (e.g., Japan, Denmark, New Zealand, etc).

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

LONDO - I'm still in and the only thing I read in the YearBook are the Memorial figures!! The rest of the book is just mind-numbing propaganda portrayed as Divine blessings!

Last year's experience of "Divinely provided chickens" (as a reward for not missing a Convention!) was one of the most sickening and blasphemous examples I've ever read!

• Londo111
    Londo111

In terms of mind and heart, I don’t think of you as ‘in’. You are just being Gibeonite about the matter for the time being.

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

Well, I have studied the 2013 yearbook, and here's an interesting stat:

OVER TWO BILLION PEOPLE ARE IN COUNTRIES/AREAS WHERE THE WT IS BANNED!!

• Gayle
    Gayle

I don't think most jWs would miss the 2014 Yearbook up or not or ever, really,, but looks like the brochure for 3 and unders, was put up on jw.org today.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit