The END did NOT come in their lifetime!!

by DATA-DOG 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

The old gray ones I know are shocked, and though they don't say so, you can tell they are bewildered to be here still and seeing their peers dying off.

My children, who I was told would never get to kindergarten, have been out of college for a few years now.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Yes, I think about my Grandma saying," It's hell getting old." Now I see my own Father approaching 80. I try not to think about the inevitable. My dad is not a dub, never has been. He is most likely the one person that I can be honest with, besides a df'd family member. When my dad passes away it's going to be a sad day. Still, everyone has to face it. I am not special, despite the years of the WTBTS saying otherwise. Facing the real truth is liberating in a way, even though it's not always what you want to hear.

I wonder what the current older GB members will do as they stare death in the face. Sure, they will never lack food, clothing, or medical help at their Billion dollar retirement home, but like the Pharaohs of old, they will die. What will they think at their own personal END?

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

"The Witness doctrine does not prepare people for maturity."

Well stated, jgnat, well stated...

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I know some here don't believe in an afterlife in heaven, but I just wonder about all the JDubs who have passed that are in Heaven, that has to be the biggest "Aha moment" of all time.

Since we've all seen cartoons of St Peter welcoming people at the gates, I just wonder when all the Dubs get there are they forced to wear a sheet or somethng with the word "DUPED" on it for the rest of their heavenly life.

• Woody22
    Woody22

my grandfather died in 1970 at age 93 thinking the end would come in his day

my parents died father 1988, mother 2000 both believing they would see the end.

• cantleave
    cantleave

So many wasted lives.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Ah yes, mortality. Many older ones that I know are resolute in knowing the end will not come in their lifetime. For some, the words of the pre-75 era, "but we DO KNOW THE YEAR!" are resonating in their heads. Like many of you, I have buried too many "believers." So many wasted hopes and dreams, so much wasted potential and promise. It is very sad.

This type of experience, over the past few years particularly, moved me to examine my own view on death. It has helped me to embrace a mindset that I must live in the present. I must appreciate those I love and care for with each day, letting go of the pettiness that was ingrained in me by the Pharisaical mentality of the organization. Each moment, too precious, too valuable to waste on wondering about tomorrow. The beliefs that all life's problems will be solved when the end arrives makes it impossible to appreciate the miracle of TODAY.

With the kindest of regard,

SOP

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

I openly say to ones when the moment is right that I would not be surprised if myself and my peers die in this system. Of course that's no great prophecy to anyone here but it does make for some interesting chats....!

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Here are two absolute truths - everyone dies and the jw notion of "the end" is fiction.

Given these two facts, everyone believing in "the end" will die. Sad but true.

I will die but hopefully I disengaged from this thinking early enough to have a happy productive life before I assume room temperature.

Deathbed regrets are a waste of time.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

DATA-DOG:

Good thread. Personally, I don't care what the GB think when they face death. I don't regard them at all.

Over the last decade, I have heard it said that JWs say: "some of them will get to the new system the underground way". They will just NOT admit their fantasy went awry, so they tweak it in their minds.

When I started my "fade", I made sure I rid myself of the cruel tease of a paradise earth fantasy. I don't miss it and wonder if I truly believed it in the first place.

The Witness religion is a very damaging fantasy if people don't deal with realities in the world around them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit