Can a JW be accused of apostasy for just quoting scriptures?

by Island Man 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• adamah
    adamah

Humbled said-

In truth I objected to the interpretation of Genesis 22 in the WT literature. My Book of Bible Stories says that God told Abraham to kill and burn his son. I asked why I could not read the Genesis 22 bible verses that are more ambiguous and do NOT demand that interpretation (and made the case that the difference between the original Hebrew words were significant because they were so different.)

I asked to read from the Bible instead of the literature at my first meeting--I was told plainly: NO.

Not that reading from the Bible would've done much good, anyway: being that they can make the only approved Bible translation (theirs) say anything they damn well want to make it say, it's trivial to make sure their Bible harmonizes with their desired doctrinal message(s). Eisegetically-driven Bible translations are the oldest trick in the (Holy) Book, and all religions do it to some degree or another... The flock are largely oblivious to the practice (they aren't referred to as "sheep" without good reason).

Adam

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Anything is possible but there are some questions I'd ask for context....

Is the poster on FB under the scrutiny of the elders?

Whereas posting scripture is nothing in itself, why would anyone/elders suspect apostacy?

Is this a real scenario?

In reality.....this scenario aside....if the elders want to DF someone they will...the person has 7 days to appeal....then who knows!?!?

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Try handing these Scriptures to fellow Witnesses, and they will very quickly discern exactly what you are implying and immediately turn you over to the B of E to be disciplined for apostasy to "Mother" in Brooklyn!

(Matthew 12:50) whoever does the will of my Father who is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother."

(Matthew 13:38) The field is the world; as for the fine seed, these are the sons of the kingdom;

(Matthew 25:40) To the extent that YOU did it to one of the least of these my brothers, YOU did it to me.

(Mark 3:35) Whoever does the will of God, this one is my brother and sister and mother."

(Luke 6:35) To the contrary, continue to love YOUR enemies and to do good and to lend, not hoping for anything back; and YOUR reward will be great, and YOU will be sons of the Most High,

(Luke 8:21) "My mother and my brothers are these who hear the word of God and do it."

(John 1:12,13) However, as many as did receive him, to them he gave authority to become God’s children.........

(John 15:14) YOU are my friends if YOU do what I am commanding YOU.

(Rom. 8:14) For all who are led by God’s spirit, these are God’s sons.

(1 John 5:1) Every one who believes that Jesus is the Christ is a child of God.......... (Revised Standard Version )

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

How's this for context? Many who were df'd in the 80's were df'd because they discerned that there was no FDS "class" ahead of Jehovah's the GB's Chariot!! This false reasoning was a "self-deception", but is now a required belief for salvation. If you privately believe that there is a FDS Class, or teach that view, you can be df'd for apostasy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit