New Here, Introduction

by budbayview 24 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

Thank you for your Intro welcome.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Welcome! Thanks for sharing your story.

I look forward to reading more from you.

• ?evrything
    ?evrything

Welcome. Nice to have you.

• cofty
    cofty

Welcome to JWN budbayview

• mind blown
  • quellycatface
    quellycatface

Hi there.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome!

I used to wonder about why we would use the books of the bible chosen by the Datholics. I ignored those doubts for decades. Once I allowed myself to have a look at a Catholic Bible with commentary, I finally realized that it wasn't "God's Word". Particularly when I researched and put together the facts to realize that Daniel was all fiction, very quickly, 1914 and much of the rest of my JW beliefs began to crumble. But the straw that broke the camel's back was the pedophile cases that began to come to light.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome to the forum.

Glad you and your wife are out together. Sounds like you have seen a lot over the years. Hope your quest to explore the Bible cannons brings you interesting study avenues.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The apocalyptic nightmares finally subsided, and my latest quest is determining the authenticity of the bible cannons. I am having issue with its canonization during the Niceno–Constantinopolitan Creed and Emperor Constantine’s involvement. Seems like a bit of an oxymoron that we hold firm the bible as holy, but is was in the hands of the early Catholic church and Roman political system at inception.

The new understanding on the F&DS makes this an even bigger issue. Prior to now, when the early Christians were said to have a GB and there was always some group representing God & Christ down through history, one could have surmized that there was Spirit Direction involved in the selection of the Bible canon. (The wheat were mingled in with the weeds.)

NOW...............whoops! Those were ALL pagans. NO F&DS and Holy Spirit back then. The same group that set the pagan days of the week, month, and pagan doctrines also were the ones to pick-and-choose what is "inspired" and what is not.

DUH?

Doc

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

Welcome, nice to meet you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit