I've been studying.........

by bchapp 49 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

As the Lord's prayer shows, Jesus could willingly avoid
    using the name Jehovah. He avoided using it at other times like
    at his death. Again, these are simple, straightforward matters.

So, it's very possible, indeed likely, that he avoided it
    at other times such as reading the scroll in the synagogue.

And the Septuagint? Some copies have an odd form of the
    name in them - and some don't.

So, your evidence doesn't hold up.

metatron

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Hi Bchapp. If you are feeling as if they are pressuring you, they probably are. Whatever you do, don't go through with anything you aren't absolutely convinced is right for you.

I had doubts too, but submitted to the pressure and was baptized. After that, they own you, or at least they act as if they do. To bring out the doubts later just subjects you to DFing and shunning, the most unloving and unchristian act the dubs do, in my opinion.

Ask yourself, what type of people would pressure someone into joining them? If they have the truth, why the pressure? Jesus never pressured anyone. And, just so you know, the dubs aren't unique in their beliefs, totally. There are otheer groups and religions that all have very similar beliefs.

Don't let hollow promises sway you. Their old axiom of just go along with it and Jehovah will open your mind to it one day, just don't get it. That goes directly against 1 Thessalonians 5:21

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• Solace
    Solace

I know what you mean.
    My doubts started with that "Gut Feeling" too.
    After much prayer I started to see the bible more clearly.
    Finding sites like these and reading books like "Crises" and another good one to read is "Questions for Jehovahs Witnesses Who Love The Truth" by Joan Cetnar. It is so helpful in exposing falsehoods of the Org.

• fmw
    fmw

Dear DakotaRed
    You wrote:
    I had doubts too, but submitted to the pressure and was baptized. After that, they own you, or at least they act as if they do. To bring out the doubts later just subjects you to DFing and shunning, the most unloving and unchristian act the dubs do, in my opinion.

You are not pressured into doing anything you don't wont to do.I know for a fact that they ask you if your absalotly sure and ready for baptizim.What do you mean by shunning?

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Bchapp:

It's been almost a week since you started this thread. I was just curious, are you still taking the bible study classes? Has anything changed since you started posting?

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Bchapp?

• bchapp
    bchapp

Hi, Double Edge. No, I haven't been to any more bible studies since I started this thread. I've already decided to quit studying, but I haven't had contact with my "instructor" yet, as I have to work overtime for the next two weeks. I will try to keep everybody updated, as to what happens.

"If the truth hurts most of us so badly that we don't want it told,
    it hurts even more grievously those who dare to tell it." (Judge Ben Lindsey, 1869-1943)

• Darkhorse
    Darkhorse

Bchapp, follow your heart and your inner feelings. I am not a JW and never will be one.

You do not need "to wait on Jehovah to receive understanding of the bible". "Right now you still have the freedom" to go get a Bible, pick it up, and read it - by yourself. You, yourself have the ability to understand the bible "in your own way". You can handle it on your own. I am sure you are a very bright and intelligent person. Also read the other material the other posters have provided to you - "at the moment you are still free" to be able to do, think and read whatever you want without repercussions. You have the power to call the shots with yourself!

• garybuss
    garybuss

'

Hi bchapp

I am dropping in late on this thread and I have not read all the replies.

Really, there are only two questions to answer.
    Do you want to be a Jehovah's Witness? 1. Yes? or 2. no?

If yes, then you are agreeing to accept anything and everything the writers of their books say and direct without the right to any dissent or opinions.

If the answer is no, then no rationalizing is necessary.

If you become a member, all the change will always be on your side. They will never conform to fit your opinions.

I was raised by Witness parents and my story is on the link below.

Best wishes,

gb

'

• bchapp
    bchapp

Yours is a sad story Gary. I really enjoyed your website. I'm glad to see you can still have a sense of humor :)

"If the truth hurts most of us so badly that we don't want it told,
    it hurts even more grievously those who dare to tell it." (Judge Ben Lindsey, 1869-1943)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit