What a great first Christmas!

by dazed but not confused 26 Replies latest jw friends

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

What a great day! This was our first time celebrating Christmas. Last night before bed time we opened our stockings that were hanging over the fireplace.

Once the kids were in bed, I set up my daughter’s new kitchen play set – took me a little over 2 hours but was fun. We also put all the presents under the tree.

This morning we came down stairs and the joy on my kids faces and the “Wow!” expressions was awesome when they saw the presents. We opened our gifts and Mrs. Dazed made a big breakfast.

We played with the new toys until we left for my sister and brother-in-law’s house for Christmas dinner. We had turkey, ham and all the trimmings. My brother-in-law’s family get together every Christmas for dinner and gift exchanges. We also brought a gift for “white elephant” where we all exchanged gifts during the game. It was fun.

I feel I missed out on a lot growing up in this cult. It will not be so for my kids thankfully. No longer hung up on “can’t celebrate that because of its origins.”

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Here’s to a great 2014!

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

Yay! Good for you! Our first, too.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Good for you, for doing the right thing for your children.

Merry xmas

• finally awake
    finally awake

Your kids look happy! Glad you had a great day :)

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Gypsy - I love hearing when new ones break free from the guilt and start living! Merry Christmas!

Thanks Rebel8 and finally awake.

• adamah
    adamah

Awwww, that's great.

It's funny how such things are taken for granted by some (or even pooh-poohed by others), and how such things actually mean so much... You're making memories that will last a lifetime for those kids.

PLUS, even if they don't realize it now, you're giving them the best gift in the World, too: a chance at attaining their full capabilities.

Adam

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I am glad you had a good time, it's great seeing children getting to celebrate for the first time. I'll never forget my first Christmas (post cult) We got a notice that we had to pick up a package at the post office, but it slipped behind a table and we didn't see it. So Christmas we heard the doorbell ring and my husband answered it and said, " honey come down here it's Santa". The Post Office had a volunteer who delivered gifts that went astray dressed as Santa. We gave him some cookies and thanked him for going above and beyond. I was living in Colorado and we got snow too. It was a perfect Christmas.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

You're making memories that will last a lifetime for those kids. Thats the plan, damn the torpedoes! Thanks Adamah!

Lisa- Now that would be memorable. Colorado is a beautiful place all year round, but especially here in the winter. We've had snow off and on here near Boulder, but its been melting too fast. No white Christmas, but it was still a great one.

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

I am so happy for you and I love it when someone young is able to get out so their children can enjoy life! I became one in my late 20's so it ruined it for my son but I am making it up to him and also his family. We had our second one together this year.

Isn't it fantastic to watch their happy faces? there truly is more happiness in giving than receiving!

Merry Christmas to you and your family and a healthy, happy new year!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Love those pictures -- happy little kids, wrapping paper everywhere, and lots of goodies

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit