UN letter about Watchtower?

by JakeM2012 26 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Is the United Nations letter about Watchtower's involvement from 1991 to 2001 still available on the United Nations webpage?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

From jwfacts.com:

Watchtower's United Nations Association

UN Letter #1

UN Letter #2

and plenty more good stuff on the jwfacts.com website!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The JW apologists who say well they didn't have to sign anything or be in agreement to the UN charter are corrupt liars,

just like the organization that they support.

They try to spin facts around to confuse the debate so the WTS comes out looking all Innocent.

BULLSHIT !

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

marked

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Oubliette, yes this is the very letter I was looking for. Thank you. I was not able to find it on the UN website, I wanted to show it to someone but I didn't want to necessarily use JWFacts as they might object. I thought they might accept it easier if it were on the UN website.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Jake, I saw the letter on the UN website when this was a hot-topic back in the day, but the UN pulled it down a few years ago. From their perspective it was a minor annoyance.

Can't you just print it out and give it to your friend to read. They'll likely claim that it is fake. Put the burden on them to disprove it.

• Island Man
    Island Man

"Following this request, the DPI has made a decision to disassociate the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New Your as of 9 October 2001."

The Watchtower was disassociated! I wonder if U.N. officials shun members of the Gaffe-earning Body?

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

It's still in the Wayback Machine, see?: http://web.archive.org/web/20090126152929/http://un.org/dpi/ngosection/pdfs/watchtower.pdf

(I'm just copying the link that Paul provided on the JWFacts page.)

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Oubliette, this is a good idea, because I did see it originally on the UN website with my own eyes. Printing it will work just fine. Thanks. Apognophos, thank you, that link is good also. Great work arounds.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Jake, let us know how it goes.

The UN/NGO thing was the tipping point for me when I first heard about it in 2002 or 2003. I tried to show my now-ex-wife (a Born-In JW). She literally put her hands over her ears as she walked away saying "I don't want to hear it!"

In retrospect, I realize THAT was the day my marriage ended. Although I continued serving as an elder for the next half-dozen years or so, the evidence that this was clearly NOT "God's visible organization" began to mount until I could no longer deny the obvious truth. I couldn't understand (at the time) why no one else seemed to notice all the problems with the organization.

Now I understand how confirmation bias and cognitive dissonance work. I also understand how fear of being cut-off and shunned keeps people captive. I hated being shunned by my family and former friends when I was eventually DF'd a few years ago, but if that is the price of real freedom, then so be it.

Oubliette

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit