They made me throw away a windchime!!!

by quellycatface 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS allows jws to use pinatas and have luaus both which were considered pagan...but not windchimes. When jws make these decisions for you ask the to supply written evidence that the WTS and the bible say this.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2
    Ancient Rome[edit]

Roman chimes called tintinnabulum were hung up in gardens and porticoes Where they would make a tinkling sound as the wind passed through them. Bells were believed to keep off evil spirits and so they were often combined with the phallus, which was also a symbol of good fortune and a charm against evil. The image shows one example with a main phallus portrayed with wings, and the feet and tail of an animal, perhaps a lion. These added to its protective powers. [1]

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Within the congregation, Jehovah has nurtured your heart by feeding you spiritually, setting you free from religious falsehoods and superstitions , and by teaching you how to develop the Christlike personality.w12 7/15 pp. 7-11 - The Watchtower—2012

.........................Brought to you by the WBT$ who are afraid of.. .........

.............Garage Sales,Smurfs,Wind Chimes,Demons,Sparlock,ect..ect..

..........................................................................................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Jeffro

.I am talking past tense.it still annoys me that I believed that BS.I bought another but it wasn't as nice.I am disassociate a month now.still angry!!!

• blondie
    blondie

In the

*** w81 6/1 p. 31 Questions From Readers ***

Questions From Readers

● Would it be wrong for a Christian to use wind chimes in his or her home?

Many persons have used wind chimes to give a pleasant musical aspect to the home. When the wind blows, the glass, metal or wooden pieces hit against one another to produce the sound. However, it is the custom in some countriesto put up wind chimes with the thought that they will keep evil spirits from entering the home. Obviously, a Christian would not make use of wind chimes for such a purpose. So ifthere is such a superstitious belief in one’s country, or community, it would not be wise to have a wind chime in the home. Thus no one will be stumbled or given the impression that Jehovah’s Witnesses make use of wind chimes for some unscriptural purpose.—1 Cor. 10:31-33.

However, if one’s motive in putting up a wind chime has nothing to do with false religion, superstition or demonism, and there is little possibility of others’ getting the wrong impression regarding its use in the home, it is a simple matter for personal decision.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

i had a dream the other night

satan dancing with delight

his wind chimes chimin everywhere

some would dangle from his hair

oh evil windchimes haunting me

your music finally set me free

so now i'm posting on this site

your music helped me see the light

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

I am glad you replaced it. In any event, enjoy the wind, live in the now and remember that we are all an amalgam of our experiences. Someone will benefit greatly from what you have learned and you will be blessed for passing along that knowledge.

SOP

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

Going to get the wind chimes setup this spring. Thanks for the reminder. Should be lovely.

• Violia
    Violia

I have wind chimes on the back porch. They make such a symphony when the wind blows. I have dream catchers in our bedrooms. I love the stories behind them. My kids all have them in their bedrooms. It is a wonderful story behind them. Why can't life have a little charm in it? :) We put faeries in the garden and gargoyles too. Life is too short to worry so much about fun things.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

JW nuttiness!

Isaac

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit