They made me throw away a windchime!!!

by quellycatface 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

I had a lovely mirrored windchime in my house. My study conductor told me it attracted deemunz and I threw it in the trash. I've since bought another.

What's the reasoning behind that idiocy???

• 88JM
    88JM

If I remember correctly it's from a Questions From Readers in the 70s/80s about wind chimes being to ward off evil spirits.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I always loved my wind chimes - even as a loyal dub. I didn't care what any busy-body brothers thought. If I lived in Thailand or somewhere like that, I may have been more cautious about having them because of their common religious use there and the wrong message it might send out, but otherwise ... pfft, I like them, I'm having them, so sue me. I loved my stick incense too.

• label licker
    label licker

They did the same to me but I told them that's where I draw the line. I told them that when I had bought my wind chimes, I had bought them for the nice relaxing and soothing chime that I hear from them and second, the chimes were always the first to give us a warning of a storm or tornado coming.(we live in tornado alley). They had already convinced me to throw out my Nastradamas book along with a beautiful statue of a woman carrying a baby done in mother of pearl. Again, I had bought that statue reminding me of the baby I had lost never thinking it was the mother Mary and baby Jesus. So what if it were. Don't some have pictures of their mothers holding them as babies? No difference. For me it something soothing to me since I had lost my baby while carrying it in third term. But that didn't matter to them. That is how demon crazed they are.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

It's so ridiculous

Years ago when I was a Jw we had a book study at our house and let me tell you the wind chimes on my patio chimed in the wind during the book study and nobody said a word. i knew some felt it was wrong somehow but i ignored it.

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

label licker I feel that until they clean up the organization, that is, the pedophilia, they have no right to tell me to take down wind chimes for goodness sake. And I hope you find another mother with baby somewhere to replace the one that you threw away. Especially when it reminded you of the baby you lost. Such mind control! Or, control in general.

• losingit
    losingit

Sorry for typos.im on my phone.

My husband at the time made my daughter and I throw away wind chimes my daughter received as a gift from her kindergarten teacher. I was furious and dedended my daughter's right to keep it. Told him and his brother that I was tired of their superstitious bs and to look up if it reallly had any significance. So, to my surprise, the ttypically spiritually lazy bums googled wind chimes and found that it did have some connection to "falsa religion." My God, I blew a gasket but thetewas nothing I could do. My ddaughter cried her eyes out. An innocent gift from her kindergarten teacher in the trash.

Howevere, that was not my first experience with wind chimes and jw superstitious bs. I bought wind chimes made out of fish scales for my mil. It was beautiful. The woman threw it in the trash with not even a thank you. This was a gift from our trip for our first anniversary. I couldn't stand her to begin with, this act was the first of many that I found truly offensive. So tired of witness bs. F#%@!!!!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Hmmm, if I secretly hide a few smurf windchimes in my cousin's house, will he be tormented by deemunz?

• mindnumbed
    mindnumbed

Unless you live in an area where windchimes are used to ward off spirits, it is a conscience matter. This one caused a rift in my mind because I wondered why that didn't apply to other items or activities that people don't commonly think of as having a pagan origin ... such as a birthday, saying "bless you" when a person sneezes, etc.

*** w81 6/1 p. 31 Questions From Readers ***
    ● Would it be wrong for a Christian to use wind chimes in his or her home?
    Many persons have used wind chimes to give a pleasant musical aspect to the home. When the wind blows, the glass, metal or wooden pieces hit against one another to produce the sound. However, it is the custom in some countries to put up wind chimes with the thought that they will keep evil spirits from entering the home. Obviously, a Christian would not make use of wind chimes for such a purpose. So if there is such a superstitious belief in one’s country, or community, it would not be wise to have a wind chime in the home. Thus no one will be stumbled or given the impression that Jehovah’s Witnesses make use of wind chimes for some unscriptural purpose.—1 Cor. 10:31-33.
    However, if one’s motive in putting up a wind chime has nothing to do with false religion, superstition or demonism, and there is little possibility of others’ getting the wrong impression regarding its use in the home, it is a simple matter for personal decision.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Questions From Readers ●

Would it be wrong for a Christian to use wind chimes in his or her home? Many persons have used wind chimes to give a pleasant musical aspect to the home. When the wind blows, the glass, metal or wooden pieces hit against one another to produce the sound. However, it is the custom in some countries to put up wind chimes with the thought that they will keep evil spirits from entering the home. Obviously, a Christian would not make use of wind chimes for such a purpose. So if there is such a superstitious belief in one’s country, or community, it would not be wise to have a wind chime in the home. Thus no one will be stumbled or given the impression that Jehovah’s Witnesses make use of wind chimes for some unscriptural purpose.—1 Cor. 10:31-33.

However, if one’s motive in putting up a wind chime has nothing to do with false religion, superstition or demonism, and there is little possibility of others’ getting the wrong impression regarding its use in the home, it is a simple matter for personal decision. [ end of article]

So I guess if you lived in a country that practiced spiritism via wind chimes, you would let your neighbors know that YOU were not using your wind chimes for that purpose. If an Elder said, " Get rid of your wind chimes!", you could say , " My chimes are just for sound, and my neighbors all know my views." Then you could give them a print out of the above article, and perhaps say , " Get out."

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit