John Denver hates JW's

by problemaddict 2 25 Replies latest jw friends

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

....or maybe not. I remember this making the rounds and people swearing by it. Knew someone at the concern and whatnot. How does this crap come up?

http://www.snopes.com/music/artists/ordered.asp

• Angharad
    Angharad
    I remember something like this too years ago but it was Annie Lennox when I heard about it - seems like one of these things that does the rounds every now and then when they want to make a point of how persecuted they are !
  • problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2
    John Denver hates us, Paul Simon called us a name, and Neil Diamond thinks we're gay! Clearly we are the most persecuted people on the planet!
  • CloseTheDoor
    CloseTheDoor
    I've heard this about John Denver so many times over the years.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Before that it was Don Ho..

What most JW`s didn`t know was Don Ho had JW Staff..

He knew about the rumor and it hurt him..

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

It seems JWs just love their myths.

Maybe John Denver was actually a smurf.

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf
    Not anymore he doesn't.
  • flipper
    flipper
    What CTRWTF said. You DO know John Denver's dead right ? LOL. Unless he's
    "hating " JW's from the great beyond in the afterlife
  • I quit!
    I quit!

I remember hearing the one about John Denver. I also remember one about Mickey Rooney. It went something like this. Mickey Rooney war very patriotic and when he found out his gardener was a JW he fired him.

Jdubs have to be the only people who enjoy the idea of being persecuted by the rich and famous enough to make up stories about it.

• cleanideas
    cleanideas
    I too heard that about John Denver years ago and totally believed the rumor. Wouldn't listen to his music at the time because of it. It never stops surprising me how fast the crazy can spread among the JW's. Persecution complex is a powerful thing! LOL!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit