But they are only 8 imperfect men!!!

by notsurewheretogo 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• aposta-Z
    aposta-Z

If they are only imperfect men, then what are their credentials? And how would one with the qualification to be such a faithful and discreet slave go from elder to member of the governing body? They are chosen by God? By Jesus? What are the proofs that these specific 8 men are part of the so-called slave class?

And that thing where they are the slave at that moment when they assemble all 8 of them as a college?! What are they? Autobots?

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

What are they? Autobots?

I think it's more like a power rangers thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Dj7GEg9BqA

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

By the definition of "imperfect" it is known they will be wrong some percentage of the time. So, if they are admittedly wrong some of the time, then they have no business harboring the spirituality of millions of people BY FORCE or else banishing them with shunning and public ostracism.

I'm imperfect. I'm wrong some percentage of the time. But, I feel I have a better percentage rate of a positive outcome if my chances on my own, thanks.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

..........The WBT$ GB ,Golden Calf, Rock Star Popes..

..Are only 8 Imperfect Men..F*cking Up 7 million Lives..

......Cut these WBT$ Demi-God AssH*les some Slack!!..

.............................................  photo mutley-ani1.gifOUTLAW

• williamhconley
    williamhconley

They're just 8 imperfect men that happen to claim to be Gods only channel of communication chosen in 1919.

If anyone dares to question them you will lose your marriage, family and friends. You must accept their arbitrary policies and doctrines that have caused misery and death to countless thousands if not millions.

W.H.Conley

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Yep, you summed it up nicely. The Governing Body cannot be THE faithful and discreet slave and also just get off the hook every time for teaching falsehoods by claiming to be eight imperfect men.

JW scholar Greg Stafford correctly says PUT THEM TO THE TEST! http://elihubooks.blogspot.co.nz/2011/07/put-them-to-test.html

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

The best response I could come up with for my parents use of this line was to agree.

"Yes, I certainly agree that they are imperfect men, and we can keep that in mind when we listen to their opinions expressed in their talks."

And regarding the direction they give.

"Perhaps they are being used by god to some extent now, but as we've seen, what was the truth from god for decades can suddenly be changed in one paragraph of one WT study. So we can expect that further new light will be coming down the road. To put our full confidence in what we are being taught right now would be very short-sighted. Rather than to heartily promote some current teaching, we need to wait on Jehovah in order to see if a particular understanding coming from WT is correct."

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Cracking answer there from Billy!

• BU2B
    BU2B

If someone says, "they are imperfect and make mistakes, but they are who Jehovah is using" you could say "Aaron was who Jehovah was using when he built a golden calf. Would you have bowed down to it and worship it because he told you to?" or "The priesthood in Israel was who Jehovah was using, yet they set up false gods. Would you have been obedient to them because they were the channel? Or are you responsible for your own actions?"

• humbled
    humbled

BU2B,

Fantastic point!

the double bind strikes again!

"Be obedient to those taking the lead...." Heb.13:17

"So, then, each of us will render an account for himself to God." Rom. 13:12

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit