Ray Franz

by thedog1 27 Replies latest jw friends

• clarity
    clarity

Cantleave said "I recalled the letter writing to the authorities in Malawi in the 1970's but was not at all cognizant of the situation in Mexico. Ray's book really opened my eyes on this one too."

>

Me too! The book shocked the heck out of me ...Never realized

until I read it ....that there was a GOVERNING BODY btw us & christ!

That was late December 2009 ...how dumb was I. ggrrrrrrr boy was

I mad!

clarity

• thedog1
    thedog1

I'm not sure how to answer the question of how I feel now, Sam. Up in the air. We have the meeting tonight and it is all a bit schizophrenic, reading things here and then going to the hall as if everything is normal.

• thedog1
  • KateWild
    KateWild

thedog1,

I had a lot of mixed feelings. I still do now, feeling up in the air is the same as many. Many have experienced what you are, my thoughts are with you at this time.

Take care Sam xx

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

marked

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

I remember at the time how elders etc would discuss the malawi situation and made a big thing of it but never was mexico mentioned.....shame shame shame on the wtbs for their two faced duplicity...wish more elders etc then and now knew the facts as Ray Franz did....

• Wonderment
    Wonderment

whathappened said: "The Watchtower Society is racist and there is no doubt about it once you learn of the Mexico-Malawi scandal."

I don't think racism is the big factor here, though it could have played a part. There are some other factors which likely affected their brutal decision.

I think it had more to do with the WT looking out to protect their assets in Mexico, and keeping with their goal of having Mexico approve future construction of facilities. Malawi did not compare with Mexico in that sense. Mexico is also in our backyard, so to speak. Malawi is not. Yes, wrong reasons for their bad decisions, but in this case it happened to be more convenient for the WTS to deal differently with those two countries. I really feel sorry for those victims in Malawi. What happened historically in Malawi is a display of religion and government at its worst.

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

Thedog1 - reading COC, I was in a roller coaster ride of emotions. Many parts I read in tears. The part about Mexico/Malawi had me sick to my stomach. I'd never heard anything about it before.

The question you ask, "what would be wrong with honesty?", is what's really doing it for me. It tells me that they care about the organization first. It saddens me that like the elder you refer to, when I first started studying, I was told about these evil apostates, picketing and many in Bethel being kicked out. They were all demonized. It came off to me like they were people that brains just snapped one day and satan or some mental illness took control. Like an exorcism or something. Now I know that many were probably just doing what they felt best to bring injustices to light.

Even this was a selling point, "Jehovah" cleans out his organization from the top down. It reinforced to me that this had to be the true religion because there was no favortism unlike the Catholic Church I grew up in, that at the time was going all of the child molestation issues.

There's a pattern of shifting the blame to the victim. When wrongs are admitted, it's due to imperfection or new light. Reading CoC helped me to opened my eyes to seeing the process that goes on and how they may be well aware of issue but choose to ignore them.

by the org forbidding us to read this material it allows them to portray the history of the organization however they want. It's very hurtful that the one organization we thought we could put our trust in, that teaches us to be honest in our dealings, is not honest with its members and allow those that call them on it to hang out to dry for the sake of the org.

• bnybyt
    bnybyt

When I read this I cried with hurt and rage, I'd written letters to Malawi's gov't and thought it so cruel of Satan system of things to persecute our brothers and sisters.

All this time, it was the Governing Body who allowed our brothers and sisters to be persecuted. They had double standards and there was no need for our Malawi brothers and sisters to be abused, raped, tortured, killed! All because of a stinking national party membership / ID card. While the Mexican brothers were getting away with the bribing of officials at the Governing Body's consent.

This, more than anything else in CoC, really got to me and opened my eyes to the reality of the Watchtower Corporation and its self presevation at all costs, even human life and suffering.

• Joliette
    Joliette

I read that book and that was the turning point for me. I never went back to the kingdom hall.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit