Questions on Evolution and the Existence of God and...

by ILoveTTATT 130 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty

Interestingly Belyaev only selected foxes for friendliness. All the other changes may be simply examples of "spandrels".

• prologos
    prologos

that proves it, evolution is based on selective breeding, sex.

ladies choice.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"So one Canine turned into another Canine? That doesn't sound like Darwinian Evolution Macro-Evolution to me. Now, if someone could get a Fox to turn into Buzzard, I could get on board with that."

LOL. This from the guy that believes the millions of species alive today and recently extinct all evolved came from a few dozen creatures that fit in Noah's floating box about 4000 years ago? You already believe that a possum or a rabbit turned into a kangaroo in a few hundred years. Don't pretend that you don't believe in evolution!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Prologos you may jest but sexual selction is one of the most powerful drivers of evolution.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Well that settles it. The girls gotta stop picking the bad boys.

• jgnat
    jgnat

From fox to buzzard one would have to go back to where the first mammal split off from the reptilian tree.

• prologos
    prologos

cantleave: my posts are always serious jests serious really.

check out data dog's "farewell to JWN" thread, MEPS

"sockets for tabernacle, the earth".

• Perry
    Perry

That stated, I don't suppose you'd be interested in a small flightless dinosaur (theropod) that was the size of a kit fox that eventually turned into buzzards? There's been a TON of incredible fossils found in China within the last decade or so that reveal intricate details of wings and characteristic features of dinosaurs (add this to the famous archaeopteryx species specimens found over the last two centuries):

Adamah,

The infamous archaeopteryx isn't necessary for this discussion. Can't you provide at least one scientific example of where one "kind" turned into a different "kind" of animal. Surely science could accomplish something this simple if it happened millions and millions of times by accident.

• cofty
    cofty

Define "kind" please.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"one "kind"..."

The typical jargon a believer in the Noachian flood uses to explain that all of the 334 or so marsupial species descended from one pair of possum 'kind' just 4000 years ago.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit