Christmas Field Service

by NeverKnew 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

most jws I knew hated it and only went out if assigned to take the group

This has been my experience in most of the congregations that I have been in. I personally think it is inconsiderate and ridiculous for JWs to even expect people to give a rats ass about what they have to say on any holiday..

• Robert7
    Robert7

I remember holidays being mentioned as "a great way to find people at home". I refused to go out on any holiday. I may not have agreed with their holidays, but I respected it and left them alone.

• titch
    titch

Well, if you are in a situation in which you MUST go out on Christmas Day, approach the door, and just do the "invisible presence" knock. In other words, VERRRRRY lightly, so that your presence would not even be detected.

Titch

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

In the congregation that I grew up, Christmas was not a popular FS day.

Kool Jo

• ?evrything
    ?evrything

I absolutely hated xmas day service and avoided it if at all possible.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I don't think I ever went out on Christmas, it just seemed disrespectful to bother people when they were busy with family celebrations, and it was pointless, who is going to want to listen to a presentation when they have a house full of company and meals to make?

• CaramelQueen
    CaramelQueen

I remember going out one Christmas day back in 2004, it was the last time I went. I was already feeling uncomfortable and when a lady asked me a question, it was like the blinders fell off my eyes. The lady said, "Honey, why are you out here practicing YOUR religion by disturbing ME while I practice MY religion?"

I just stood there feeling stupid, silly and idiotic. The elder I was working with made an ineffective comment about "Letting the people choose..." or some such. I turned around with my face burning with shame and I promised then and there to NEVER go out on ANY holiday again. I didn't care if it was national pickle day! I am going to enjoy my day off, watch some parades on television, hubby and I are gonna watch some football games on television, drink some Hennessy, eat gumbo, maybe visit some family and friends and have a wonderful holiday!

Peace Out!

• yadda yadda 2
  • smiddy
    smiddy

Outlaw

You have outdone yourself this time LOL

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit