Christmas Field Service

by NeverKnew 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

On another thread, I read that a few adherents may be traveling (cough-cough) to other cities and wouldn't be able to make field service on Christmas day.

What is the likelihood that going out on Christmas will be encouraged at the weekend services at the KHs?

...or do most halls stay neutral on this? Given what I've read on this forum, I have the impression that disrespecting a day of other's celebration wouldn't be DIScouraged which annoys the heck out of me.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

.................................................................Good Morning!.. We`re in your Neighbourhood..

.................................................................................To F*ck Up your Christmas!..

...http://media.hamptonroads.com/media/content/pilotonline/2006/12/svjehovah1226full.jpg

.................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• stillin
    stillin

I never did it. Ones who were raised as JW's sometimes just don't get it. Sometimes the best witness is the silent one. So shut up, leave them alone, chill out and take some personal time! You aren't proving anything except that you are rude.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

i always felt that going in service on rhe holidays gave communities fuel for the fire to ban door to door solicitation altogether. of course the brain dead drones didnt agree with me

• blondie
    blondie

most jws I knew hated it and only went out if assigned to take the group but arranged the groups and gave them territory and lit out. Regular pioneers or auxiliary who had to make up time.....

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

Yep we've got groups.... Nope,i won't be out on 'em!

• St George of England
    St George of England

Combined effort from KH at 9:30 am on Wednesday, Christmas Day.

Public witnessing only, no door to door.

I will still be in bed at that hour.

George

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Beware of kids with brand new Red Ryder carbine action 200 shot Range Model BB guns!

"Christmas Story" movie: Ralphie shooting BB gun

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

When I was growing up, we never missed holiday witnessing. My dad would drag us out in service. I was always so embarassed. We generally met in the afternoon and door to door was smack in the middle of most peoples festivities.

I think now what a presumptious thing to do and what a lack of respect for other people.

There are still arrangements for Christmas and New Year day but few venture out.

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Where I reside everyone is having "family days"

or getting ready for the boxing day test !!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit