Has anybody meet anyone on here who they knew as a JW. Experiences please

by joe134cd 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I'm just curious but has anybody meet some one on Jehovahwitness-net who they knew in their JW lives. Just want to hear experiences. Please include the indicators that led up to you identifying each other, and how you eventually revealed yourself. Thanks

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

I ahd asked this question a year or so ago and had one person respond that they recognized their physical brother by the comments he had posted.

NJY

• cantleave
    cantleave

I know there are a few people on here from my old circuit, some are still active for family reasons but awake.

• Emma
    Emma

Yes! Once when we did a roll call of congregations we'd been in someone contacted me to see if I knew him. Of course I did! He lived around the corner from me. It was terrific to talk out our shared experiences.

• flipper
    flipper

JOE- Yes indeed. I've met a couple. One guy about 5 years ago PMed me and lived in my hometown . I knew him when he was a boy as he's about 20 years younger than me. But mainly I knew this guys parents as my dad studied with his dad and his dad became an elder in time. I hope things are going well for him now I haven't heard from him in a few years. I do know his non-Witness family became VERY supportive to him when they found out he got kicked out of the JW's- so that's a really good thing.

Also I met a lady, at one of my apostafests we had - a fading JW who stopped attending just earlier this year who I remember seeing at assemblies and some meetings about 10 to 15 years ago but I didn't know her personally at that time , now we've met and we as well as others in our area are showing support to one another and keeping in touch. So it can happen ! Get out there and meet people folks ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Someone who spordically posts here is the wife of someone whom my mother studied with when he was a child, my mom first started studying with his aunt and grandmother, then his mother, then a brother started studying with his father. I think we identified each other by the mentioning the location in NYC lived in while growing up.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

My uncle-in-law used to post here. He started sometime in 2003 I think. When I was in he was careful not to say too much against the ORG. Now that I’m out, we talk regularly. I go back and read his posts sometimes.

Anyone from Kennewick Washington area… Tri-Cities? I would be curious if there were any from the area I grew up in from the late 80s to early 2000s?

• valkyrie
    valkyrie

I wish!

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Yes. 3 people that I can think of off-hand.

One trigger was that I got a pm because I mentioned that person by name in a thread that kept coming up in google searches when that person's customers searched their name. [At my request, the mods removed my old post. I never should have posted the name in the public section.] That person has posted here fairly often for the past 2 or 3 years. It was fun getting back in touch.

Another trigger was someone else mentioned my family as being in a particular congregation in the 1970's. That poster no longer posts. I hope she's OK.

The 3rd one triggered when we both, on the same thread, mentioned that a well-known network reporter's father was an elder in a particular congregation in California.

I keep looking for more but am obviously much more careful in naming names.

-Aude.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I have met tons of people from this forum on the east and west coast of the USA and many local people from meetup.com, plus many JWN posters have traveled by me. Yet I have never met anyone I knew as a JW in these settings. I don't seek them out, because I have cut ties with JW's and don't know who's in and who's out. I have occasionally encountered JW's that I knew and they are still JW's.

I would have thought it was bound to happen, but too bad- it has not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit