Prepare for meetings??

by Jen1 36 Replies latest watchtower bible

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Backseatdevel, Your suggestions will work in EVERY cong because the entire religion is superficial. It is the religion where extroverts, BSers , and assho!*s, thrive and are promoted. (oh, and I forgot rich) Heaven help the earnest, shy, or downtrodden. Looks over substance all the way!

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

For marked ones not allowed commenting:

Prepare by underlining the study material during the commenting sessions — hell of time saver.

• Jen1
    Jen1

So good to know I am not alone! A big thing in our congregation is to print out all the scriptures in the Watchtower study, so people are waving them around with the watchtower, trying to follow along. I said I could not afford the paper or the print and for once they shut up!

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

If you want to impress, use the fluorecent colored highliters. They stand out even in the dark. I know that the 'mike' handlers really notice the brightly coloredWT's. Go bold!

eyeuse2badub

• molybdenum
    molybdenum

I sometimes see that some have highlighted the WHOLE paragraph.

Personally I prefer the cloze type method.

I highlight every 7th ( seven being representative of sacredness) line.

That way you are bound to hit on some of the right answers.

Also it looks kind of neat and doesn't really take up much time.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

I never read or underlined the Watchtower magazine at home. It was too boring to read it twice. It got so bad in the last couple of years that I would read the NEW YORKER magazine instead. The main article of the NEW YORKER would take up most of the hour.

Here is what happened one time with two young kids around 6 and 4 years old who were sitting in front of me. They would always turn around to see what I was doing. I would make faces to make them laugh.

6 year looks back: '' What are you reading ? '' ( I was reading the NEW YORKER magazine with the Watchtower magazine on the side so it looked like I was reading it )

Me: '' The Watchtower ''

6 year old : " No you're not. That's not the Watchtower magzine"

Me : " Yes it is '' I quickly put the Watchtower magazine over the New Yorker and show him.

6 year old : Taps his mom and tells her " He's not reading the Watchtower. " The mom doesn't pay attention to him.

• steve2
    steve2

For those who prefer not to use a highlighter or pen on any of the publications they "pre-study", may I humbly recommend scissors, shredders, tar, chewing gum, porridge or cigarette lighters? All the foregoing are equally effective at making it clear to others what you think are the "correct" answers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit