Prepare for meetings??

by Jen1 36 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Jen1
    Jen1

Do you prepare for meetings? If I go I spend a few minutes underlinging my books/watchtower.

I have noticed that those who do the micks especially notice when your stuff is not underlined, and comments are made after the meeting, not so gentle hints, about study and preperation! In other words I am being told off, its usually the ones who are highly critical of everything I do, sometimes their whole family seems to be straining to see if my stuff is underlined, I know this because I heard the daughter to family wisper her watchtower is not underlined!

Its two particular families, both elders with critical wives and highly jugemental teenage daughters.

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

Same as you jen, VERY quick underlining session just to keep the prying eyes satisfied .

Except for the july study article in which there was no margin room left unwritten on,with quotes from old wts and questions galore!

Cap'n

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

My JW relatives wish for a software program that randomly underlines pdf files.

• stillin
    stillin

In my congregation it doesn't really matter what is underlined. The brother will read the paragraph, then the congregation will make sure that each sentence gets read again.

nuff to drive ya nuts!

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Ho Ho Ho!!! The WT Conductor (the jerk) in my ex KH, said he ALWAYS knew when people hadn't prepared their WT. That's real funny because me & my husband NEVER prepared ours but gave some good answers. AND do you know why??

Because we both are well educated and can reason out our own thoughts and interpretation. Not read from a bloody underlined paragraph.

So stick that where the sun don't shine.

• Jaidubdub
    Jaidubdub

I wld usually underline while the paragraphs were being read. Sometimes I wld spend the first 5 or 10 minutes of the wt underlining the whole lot. I never read the questions, just underlined whatever... And when I was really bored I wld underline the follow study.... And the nxt one...

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Many many years ago when I was dating my JW wife, after one meeting she complained that I had not underlined my Watchtower, and that people

notice things like that. I commented, better than others did. I told her that I never write in my books.

That should have been my sign to run from her as it was a sign of a miserable marriage ahead to where someone cares more about what the people think than the reality of a mate.

And she has a million pens of different colors to underline and she spends time before getting dressed on Sunday morning preparing and then makes her and us late. Go Figure.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

The resident window cleaning MS stumbles his way through a paragraph in a monotone.

A strikingly obvious question is asked and then 4 different people give the same damn answer in slightly different terms, which is then followed by the study conductor repeating the already much repeated answers to make sure we all get the point.

They want everyone to prepare for this? Bash me over the head with something, that would be the perfect preparation.

• cantleave
    cantleave

If someone criticises you for not underling just say you are dyslexic and underlining confuses the words and lines - now mind your own frikking business!

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Back when we still had the book studies in the homes, Clyde (who hadn't been to a meeting for months) decided to attend with me. The conductor was attempting to do a review of the entire book that we had just finished, and as could be expected, people were slow in answering. Every time there was a lull, Clyde would raise his hand and give an answer that was right on--amazing everyone including me. I asked him how he did it since he'd never read the book. He said it wasn't difficult, it was just all the same BS it ever was.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit