I regret my disassociation.

by Zoos 30 Replies latest jw friends

• scotoma
    scotoma

Most people become JW's through friends and relatives.

The reverse also works.

The best way to help people break free is to work on your friends and relatives.

Just like JW's wait for the appropriate time to "witness" timing is everything.

You have to be there at the moment someone becomes conflicted about their trust in the organization.

It's hard to crush an egg by pressing the two ends between your hands. But at the same time a tiny bump will break through the shell.

• rmt1
    rmt1

This seems to me like the idea of knowingly taking out a fresh loan at 1.05 * x% in order to pay off an outstanding loan at x%. Think of the mental, emotional, spiritual, physical, psychic energy, as well as gas money, logistics money, field service food money, and other opportunity costs you'll be able to put into the bank. This is not saying that some probabalistic cross section of getting through to your family is not worth all that - but it is still only a lottery's chance of getting through. (Do some fast reading on tunnelling in Quantum Mechanics, and the probabilities involved.) And you're still on the hook for all the aforementioned costs. Science, which in the absense of some angels with trumpets and kazoos coming down and personally giving you a singing telegram in barbershop four-part harmony, says that you get one life. One life.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Jeffro brings up a point I have been grappling with which is :even if you don't formally DA the elders may decide you have done so by your actions. Then they can make the announcement at the Hall that you wouldn't even know about if you are no longer attending. I think if I am facing being offically kicked out I would enjoy writing an embarassing (to them) letter like Confusedandalone did. He took control from them and left them between a rock and a hard place.

• smiddy
    smiddy

It has been an eye opener to me that a lot of JW`s are lurkers here , and it just takes an experience from members here that they can relate too that puts them on the path for learning the truth about the truth (TTATT ) So dont be discouraged ,your contributions on this board may help more people than you will ever know . It`s no different than when you were going door to door, you didn`t know if the seed you planted took root or not , and it`s the same here ,........ a well planted seed exposing the fallacys/hypocrisys/false predictions/flip-flops/bizzare-interpretations of scripture/their arrogance demanding total obedience to the governing body etc.etc.may well find a hearing ear on this board . It is happening everyday ..the newbies confirm this.

Take heart my freind

smiddy

• BizzyBee
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I'm turning in my DA letter tomorrow, by quiting i can talk with my kids about it and also they will know before the shunning starts that I quit. If you are DF'd then you look like the bad guy and theres nothing you can do. I have faded over the last 9 months and this hasnt doen anything for me except make ones and even my kids think i have just become spiritualy weak. By DAing one can take on the moster more on your own terms and I'll be able to show my kids how shunning an ex JW that has not sinned is bad and even their website says they do not do this so i'll be showing my kids that the ORG is a lier too.

None of the options are good but this way i go down swinging. I plan on jioning another church and showing by my actions that people can worship and be a good christian with out being a JW. I can only hope this and other strategys will get my kids out. And as for staying in and trying to spread TTatt, seed may help people wake up but they still will not until the time is right for them and if one stays in it looks as though your supporting it.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: If I knew then what I know now, I might never have disassociated myself. I realize all I can do is speculate on what could have been.

I seriously doubt you've been out long enough to worry about anything "wrong" you might have done.

Besides, everyone thinks that way about one thing or another, perhaps many things. I could say the same about myself:

"If I knew then what I know now, I might never have disassociated myself. I realize all I can do is speculate on what could have been."

But that is not exactly correct for me. Let me amend this part: "I might have disassociated myself years before I did."

There. That's better.

Oh, by the way, I left the Organization 40 years ago. I was a slow learner.

Farkel

• Zoos
    Zoos

Dropping seeds not a very effective method, huh? Okay...

Well, the chance for operating on the inside has long passed for me anyway. I was just spouting off an idea. That they will wake up when they're ready makes sense. The teachers will arrive then. Santanus.

RMT1, I liked your loan analogy.

LOL @ BizzyVee. Message received.

Great feedback everyone. Thanks. It didn't turn out to be the list I had in mind, but very useful.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

disassociation plays straight into their hands....you in effect remove a very useful platform to raise doubts/freethinking.....so wish I had stayed in longer and actively engaged in spiritual readjustment/enlightenment

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Take some advice from Jeremiah:

Jeremiah 51:45-46

" Get out of the midst of her, O my people, and provide each one his soul with escape from the burning anger of Jehovah. 46 Or otherwise YOUR heart will be timid, and YOU will become afraid because of the report that is to be heard in the land.

abe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit