should christains own cats?

by unstopableravens 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• KateWild
    KateWild

Unstop, I said very good, I do know it's satirical. I was beind sarcastic. UK humour Kate xx

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

lol i wasnt sure, you feeling better?

• adamah
    adamah

Life is too short said-

Months before they ended the book studys the CoBE moved the book study out of an older sisters home because of her cats. No Joke, he did'nt even tell her before hand, he just got to her house early and as we all showed up for the study that night he told us that he moved it to a brothers home a few blocks away. He told my husband in private that it was becuause of her cats. It was really strange as she kept them locked up while we were there, the older sister was really hurt and she was never told as far as I know why the shut down the study in her home.

Well, some people are highly-allergic to pet dander (esp those with respiratory conditions, like asthma) no matter how meticulous the woman thinks she is in cleaning, or if she thinks keeping them confined to one room is going to help; sensitive types will react. Someone may have privately complained to the study conductor, not wanting to make a scene or personally confront the 'cat lady'. Onus is then on him to do something...

On the other hand, there may not have been such health concerns, but you've got to admit it can be pretty distracting to hear meows coming out of the back room during the study, and no doubt the 'cat sister' let them come out afterwards to mingle with the house guests, etc.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

LOL @ Christains... (that's Christ Stains for you Unstop)

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, Carlos, the circuit overseer

• life is to short
    life is to short

adamah

Thank you so much for your educating me. I am so very stupid and did not know that some people are highly allergic to pet dander. I am so glad that there are people on this board who can help people like me who are so ill-informed.

First the book study had been in this older sisters home for a year and a half. Everyone who attended knew she had cats it was explained very well to those of us who went there, it was even brought up that if you were allergic than you would be reassigned. So the sensitive types that you mentioned could go some place else.

Second this older sister had a full basement where the book study was held and she kept the cats upstairs in a far bedroom so there were no meows or banging like you posted about being so distracting and yes I agree with my limited mind that it would be distracting to hear meows all the time. AND NO the sister did not let THEM OUT TO MINGLE with the house guests like you said she NO DOUBT DID! In fact the only way you saw her cats were if you asked and she did let the children go into the room where she kept them but only if the parents OK'ed it.

But thank you so much adamah for informing me that I was out of line by my post.

And yes I do know very well that people are higly allergic to pets and those with asthma and respiratory conductions can even die if they are exposed to pets espceially cats. I have two friends who cannot even be in a home where the family have cats as pets. But this was not the case here as the same people were in this study group of the whole time.

What the CoBE did was rude and insensitive to me in my limted way of thinking by at the last minute changing the book study the way he did and not even telling the older women why. She had opened her home and allowed 20 people to march in and then to be treated the way she was I still feel was wrong even though the cats were the cause of it.

And yes half of my post is satirical.

LITS

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

According to WTBTS research methods,

1) one must look at the third definition of the ancient Greek word for CAT and the fifth definition of the ancient Hebrew word for CAT see that the 3 letters C-A-T form a Trinity of letters. (Please ignore the fact that the word GOD also has 3 letters and also forms a Trinity of letters.)

2) CAT was not used in bloody animal sacrifices to apease Jehovah so CATS must not be very usefull.

3) JW's cannot own a whole CAT; BUT(if your conscience allows), you can own fractions of a CAT.---Just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• Cold Steel
  • unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

cold : lol thats funny

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

I love cats

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit