should christains own cats?

by unstopableravens 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• rawe
    rawe

Hi Everyone,

"since the Great Flood of Noah’s time (c2350 B.C.E.)."

That's a whoops - must add 20 and make that 2370 BCE for JWs. This happens of course due to the 607 BCE date -- i.e. push one, push all!

Cheers,

-Randy

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Is it appropriate for a Christian to own a cat?

Well, that depends how big the cats are. Historically Christians have not got on too well with lions and tigers, with the exception of Daniel in the lions den. My advice to Christians, is to run from all cats.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Thank you for writing this entertaing post. I always preferred dogs to cats. Cat dander is a blight from Satan.

• tec
    tec

Well, that depends how big the cats are. Historically Christians have not got on too well with lions and tigers, with the exception of Daniel in the lions den. My advice to Christians, is to run from all cats.

Ah... very wise ; )

Peace,

tammy

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Thanks for the insight. I prefer no animals, but my family continues to keep dogs and cats. The cats are all strays that we adopted. The cats have been very destructive in my house and yet they stay. You can call me stupid in this.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

How can one NOT like cats?

Most other domesticated animals instinctively like cats...especially kittens. When mothers of kittens die, or vanish, it usually doesn't take a kitten long to find a new "mom" and worm their ways into a family (animal or human). Dogs like kittens, horses like them, monkeys and apes like them. Even Governing Body members reputably like them (invisibly, of course).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit