I have a legal TRUST and want to change the blood option, any ideas?!

by Sittingstraight1212 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Sittingstraight1212
    Sittingstraight1212

So 14 years ago we went to a lawyer, a witness and set up our trust. Now because Of TTATT, I want to change it to have blood. My husband Is very witness And if I change it he needs to sign it. I will go on JWFACTS to get all my info. Any suggestions... I know I can amend it without the lawyer. Need help to comment On my topic, I have an iPhone and there's no where for me to post my comment.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Maybe you should consult a non-witness lawyer to see if you can make a trust or addendum to supercede the current one.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Please check your email!

• Poindexter Lionel Humperdique
    Poindexter Lionel Humperdique

Sitting Straight:

1) Who is/are the Trustee(s)?

2) Is this a revocable or irrevocable Trust?

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

I don't understand the question, what type of trust do you have and what does it say? You can change your health directives at any point in time, you don't need your husband for that, if you do it's not legal.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Are you talking about a healthcare proxy? Living will? Advanced directives? Medical power of attorney? etc.

What country and state are you in?

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Most are easy to change. Cross off no blood with a signature. If your hubby is a JW though, this is not your problem. You need to convince your hubby to respect your wishes if not no document will stop him from no blood.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I answered the other post. It is unclear what you mean. You need to see a lawyer in your home state. A whole range of issues can be addressed. You need privacy. An Internet forum is not the way to get accurate information. Particularly since you could not explain your situation here, it is important to get professional help. No one here knows your situation.

It sounds as though you do not understand yourself. When you see the lawyer, repeat back to the lawyer what he explains. It is important that you understand legal documents. Of course, you are not a lawyer so you should know an advanced level. You should know the basics, though. I hope it works out well.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Whatever else you do, you might want to register the new documents in all of the local hospitals (if they allow such things) or assign a non JW friend to have a copy of your directives (without your husbannd knowing) so that if there is any issue, they can intervene.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Whatever you signed off on ars you sure it's final? Just asking because a will can be changed, so pehaps your document can be too

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit