• cha ching
    cha ching

HaHa EyeUse2badub!

That was a good laugh!

"I was really in the "GUESS"!

cha ching

• budbayview
    budbayview

I have agreement with most of this factual logic; however, at the end of the day, what is the point of it all?

The WTBTS is run just like a large publically traded corporation. You cannot march thousands to the same song without strict policy control and without demanding unswerving loyalty. Therefore, they must DF opposes of doctrine, irrespective of if his or hers argument is correct or not. It is not about the legitimacy of truth but the appearance of truth, and compliance. Anyone that has or is working in a large fortune 500 or 100 can attest to the fact that they are all run the same way. Go against the company policy and you’re out. It is all the same, corporation, club, cult, religious organization, etc., it is human dynamics, talk the same, look the same, dress the same, go along with to be with, on and on.

The problem is most cannot see it for what it is, a large organization run by men. We all get our personal feelings in a wad when our platform of well thought out logical, factual theology is quashed. It must, because if it did not, they would not have ONE message; however fallible it is. Unity and consistency supersedes truth. Loyalty supersede pragmatism, which is why friends will rat out one another. Also, there are very political ramification for changing doctrines and policy that must be considered and change is strategically implemented, and is always planned.

Look, I’m not defending them in as much as trying to give a rational explanation for the behaviors. I think like most, myself included who grew up in the WTBTS, we had certain expectations of reliability in what we knew was so right. I drank the cool-aid, and when you do, and if you one day start to question the fabric of what you believe, it can be a hard emotional landing. I have no axe to grind, it serves no real value, and I am only seeking to find meaning to life, my relationship to our Father, and how it is all interconnected with other human beings.

As far as I am concerned, unless I can put my finger in the wound of Jesus, and see his supported physical organization, I do not have a lot of hope for any of mans organized bodies of religions as legitimate. Some are better than others, but it occurred to me that if there was truly one, it would standout, so far out, that no one on earth could question its authenticity.

I get the analogous argument that our Father sent his Son and we missed that big clue, so how would we know his true representatives if they kissed our face? Jesus said, Love and Unity. I think a lot of them, including the WTBTS get the Unity down well, but lack in the other 50%, Love.

My 2 Cents

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Great analysis. Most JWs, like my parents, know that WT teachings have changed. Of course they use the argument, "we now have new light, our teachings get refined." Rather than argue, I enthusiastically agree, saying, "so it's to be expected that the current teachings will continue to change, often with a single poorly worded paragraph in a WT that directly contradicts everything previously published. So, I won't put you in the awkward position of trying to explain or defend any of the current JW teachings, because they can easily change... just like shifting sands."

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

Thanks BBV,

That at least gives us a rational explanation.

It's just that IBM doesn't tell you you will be killed in the not-too-distant future if you don't comply.

They don't claim to represent the almighty creator of the universe.

They don't threaten to completely shun you or take away your family and friends.

In fact I'm pretty sure if they did, they would have there butts handed to them in a courtroom.

Interesting the difference in latitude given for the label of religion.

• Listener
    Listener

Once again Terry, a well written piece.

"Jehovah's witless claim God corrects them."

How does he do this? If he in fact does this, then why wouldn't he use this same method to allow them to get it right in the first place? The fact is, it is only from their own understandings, research, comparison's to other understandings and reflection that forces them to change things. They should not be printing anything without first having a complete conviction to being correct but they let so many other things influence their thoughts and none of that stems from God.

"3. God is not the author of confusion and yet what could be more confusing than being "in the Truth" and being wrong ?"

They will carry on about how unified they are and that they truelly are an organized organization and this proves they are the true religion because God is a God of organization. You make a good point here because their teachings are confusing and more so when they keep changing them.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

marked

• cha ching
    cha ching

Exactly BudBayView!

If "the Son of God" doesn't put Thomas down for "certainly not believing,"

"unless I see in his hands the print of the nails and stick my finger into the print of the nails and stick my hand into his side" John 20:24-28

then "who is mortal man", the GB, to put anyone down for requesting the same?

Hmmmm?

Oh yeah.... the "faithful and discreet slave"

the ones who "follow in Christ's footsteps", the ones who "nurture his sheep"

Christ's example:

Well, eight days later his disciples were again indoors, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, although the doors were locked, and he stood in their midst and said: "May YOU have peace." 27 Next he said to Thomas: "Put your finger here, and see my hands, and take your hand and stick it into my side, and stop being unbelieving but become believing." 28 In answer Thomas said to him: "My Lord and my God!"

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

The WTBTS publishing company has a commitment to its followers. The F&DS serves the JW's faithfully. This is my understanding.

They provide spiritual food for the memhers and anyone else who is interested. They have been doing so, month after month, for over 100 years.

You actually should give them some credit here. They are feeding millions, and their diet has been steady for over a century.

If it weren't for new light, they would run out of material. It is no wonder that JW's gobble it up with such zeal. They are always hungry for more information. The publications keep the people united. This is critical during these end times.

Clearly, the bible is not a sufficient guide for men, so they have taken it on themselves to pick up where God left off.

• pixel
    pixel

Nice topic.

The Holy Spirit inspired these people in Brookltn to write this:

"If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. ...as a young person you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in high school and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone! This is why parents who base their lives on God’s prophetic Word find it much more practical to direct their young ones into trades that do not require such long periods of additional schooling." - Holy Spirit poured on 1969.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

Babylon Babylon Blah Blah Blah.

I have absolutely no idea what babylon is and i have survived 50 years of my life in my ignorant bliss.

I don't have any clue of this nonsense.

You might as well go to the top of the mountain and scream.

JEHOVAH WITNESS HAVE ABSOLUTE SHIT FOR BRAINS!!!
    SHIT FOR BRAINS!!!

I SAY!!!

SHIT FOR BRAINS!!!

THANK YOU AND HAVE A NICE DAY.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit