What Have You Bought From TV Infomercials?

by minimus 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

But, Wait! There's more! You can get two for the price of one (just pay separate exorbitant shipping and handling fee!)!!

I get tired listening to people who talk in all caps and use lots of exclamation points in their speech.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I forgot..........I bought at a discount store those plastic discs that made moving heavy furniture easy. They had a sign "As Seen On TV". Those things are fantastic and I would like to buy more of them if I ever see them again.

HappyDad

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

HappyDad, you can buy furniture movers at Wal Mart.

• Lozza Aussie
    Lozza Aussie

I bought the total gym about a year ago. Only trouble is I got to get into a routine of using it regularly. The exercises are good and easy to do, even for an old bird like me who is outta shape. It is the only piece of exercise equipment that ever gave me sore abs, so it works. Expensive though in Australia. Nearly finished paying for it though, just got to get off my butt and get on it lol.

Lozza

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I got a few items. First, I got a Torso Tiger--and two Ab Dollies. The Torso Tiger lasted until I busted the stretchy bands, which took about 9 months. After that, I used it without the bands. The Ab Dollies have plastic which tends to crack near the wheels, ruining the device.

Other items I got included the Gazelle (which makes plenty of noise because of squeaky pivot points) and the Total Trolley (a bit too expensive for what you get). The Swivel Sweep was the biggest infomercial ripoff--with a good battery, it would run maybe 2 minutes before shutting down for a few minutes on normal carpet. I got several Time-Life CDs (the big flaw with those is short versions of songs, but at least they are not re-records). I got Kevin Trudeau's Natural Cures book--regardless of whether you believe what is in that book, it did help extricate myself from the washtowel bunk.

As for kitchen gadgets, I never ordered those. Generally, Stonewall Kitchen has better quality utensils--at about the same final price, but without the games. And the same for cleaning products--if they perform the way the Swivel Sweep did, they are useless rubbish. And I can get plenty adequate cleaning supplies at my local grocery store.

• j dubb
    j dubb

Don't buy anything from TV commercials. Buy it on Ebay, Amazon, or in a store. Most of the TV infomercial clearinghouses pull scams with your credit card such as extra processing fees, slickly try to sign you up for services, hit your card with extra charges long after you ordered the product, etc.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

My daughter begged and begged me to buy the Perfect Brownie pan so I gave in.

We never could get to work like it did in the commercial ;)

• jgnat
    jgnat

In Canada we have retail stores dedicated to this sort of merchandise. So you can buy it without the S&H and without waiting. We have often checked out the item in Showcase and after noting the shoddy construction, changed our minds. We have a perfect pancake maker buried somewhere.

http://www.shopatshowcasecanada.com/

http://www.buyperfectpancake.com/

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Yes, too often I have bought crap that is still sitting in a box.

I guess I am a sucker to guys with a British accent, running from table to table trying to sell stuff with the audience clapping.

Rub a Dub

• Simon
    Simon

Our friends have the Magic Mesh and it actually works really well.

As jgnat said, there are "As Seen On TV" stores in many malls up here, they are awesome but I think the people in them get annoyed when I immitate the adverts in the store until people can't laugh anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit