My brother died yesterday

by satinka 66 Replies latest jw friends

• satinka
    satinka

"Albert" was 55 years old, and the fifth-born of seven children. I am the second oldest and babysat him often while he was growing up --- and while I was still at home.

Yesterday, Albert was out taking his usual morning stroll around his small town, when he collapsed on the sidewalk. The doctors said it was a heart attack. The weather in Manitoba was -20 degrees yesterday, perhaps even colder in the morning when it happened. He was also a smoker with parents who both died from lung conditions. Not to mention he was on heavy-duty medication, all factors which produce stress on a set of lungs, I figure.

• I remember him for his gentle nature.
    • He was such a sensitive soul --- a man who was not afraid to cry.
    • He played a mean steel guitar.
    • He could sing along beautifully to his music.
    • He didn't shun me when I came to visit him.
    • He lived an independent lifestyle, separate from the family religion.
    • He was deeply spiritual.

I feel a deep sadness today as I grieve his loss. Even though, I don't believe that death is the end of everything. Instead, I believe death is more like a time of transition, not unlike winter. Still, I grieve, as I am human.

Thanks for letting me share my sadness.

satinka

• Ding
    Ding

Very sorry for your loss.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

This is sad news. I am sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Please accept my deepest sympathy.

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

Sorry for your loss. It makes us fell empty when we lose our brothers.

• humbled
    humbled

I am so sorry, Satinka.

It struck me to read your words. I am the second of 9 kids and I have a brother, the 5th child. i diapered him and now that he is grown--he is my dear friend. To think of loosing him as you lost your brother---It hurts me to think of you not having your brother alive to talk to.

I am glad you remember him so beautifully. It is good to hear of your love for him and his for you--no shunning--real love. However things are when we die, love has a way of outliving our body. That much I know.

Take care, Maeve

• Scully
    Scully

So sorry for your loss, satinka. While Ottawa wasn't nearly as cold as Manitoba was yesterday, your beautiful tribute to your brother warmed my heart.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Satinka, you have my deepest sympathy. I hope you can take comfort that you had such a nice relationship and memories. I hope your family will be as kind to you as your brother was.

• clarity
    clarity

So sorry about Albert, {{{satinka}}}.

All your memories of him might make you feel sad,

but they are the way to keep him very real to you.

Be gentle with yourself right now sweety.

clarity

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I am very sorry for your loss. 55 is too young. You have some wonderful memories, please cherish them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit