best sermon of all time

by unstopableravens 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bohm
    bohm

all emotions and no reason to believe its true. I bet everybody in that crowd felt special though.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

ohh well, i did use puncuation. and cofty sorry you and cantleave did not like.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

bohm: did you listen to whole sermon?

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

cofty:explain why you say he manipulative

• cofty
    cofty

Because his sermon depends on style rather than substance. He is appealing to emotions and manipulating his audience with guilt.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

following the footsteps of Jesus, as a joe witness, cost me a bloody lot of money>

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

cofty: i think he touches on alot of deep things of christ, and yes he uses emotion. dont you think a good pastor should do both. dont confuse truth and grace with manipulation. unless in your mind all christain do that by being christian. he is one of the few, that put truth above tradition. and to me he very easy to listen to. and he is by no means an oil salesman. i think sometimes because there are so many church scammers (creflo dollar, peter popoff etc...) the real ones have that label for no reason. the real manipulative ones will point you to any where but christ. all his seromns point away from man and to christ.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

full time : it free and yet cost everything, , sadly with the wt being a counterfiet is not really concerned about it follwers and the followers suffer. and in some cases with money.

• cofty
    cofty

i think he touches on alot of deep things of christ

I am amazed you think that is deep.

I reckon I could have moved to the USA as a pastor with my Scottish accent and made a fortune!

If he had something to say he wouldn't need to shout his way through most of his sermon.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

cofty: if you were to ask most ppl who believe in god or believe there christian, where are you going to go when you die? they would say heaven, ok, than ask them why. and you will get one of three answers normally, 1) because i am a good person, 2) because one time in my time i accepted jesus into my heart and i said the sinners prayer.3) i am a sinner who who can not save myself, and i have repented and trusted in jesus, and its only because of what he did for me that i can have salvation. now cofty sadly one and two is what is most often said by people, and he does a great service to ppl by explaing from scripture what it really means to come to the end of one self and to really trust(having life saving faith). in christ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit