Bible Has Problems, Yet Its One Verse Can Solve All Our Problems!

by abiather 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

Oh great. Evangelists for a Hindu cult and the Mormon cult all in the one thread.

I don't know which one is dumber.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Cats of the world have a more unified voice than dogs do. Therefore, cats have the one true religion. Dogs go to hell;) unless they can learn the true meow.

S

• abiather
    abiather

What Band on the Run & Terry say is that, in brief, CORRUPTION exists, Let it exist!

What I showed was: SOLUTION has been existing for 2000 years, and humans are not willing to see it!

What the communists practiced was THEIR VERSION of ATHEISM which thrived on trampling over human rights!

What I said is the GOD-oriented TRUE CHISTIANITY, which thrives on respecting HUMAN DIGNITY as God’s children.

No comparison is possible between the two!

True Worship means love, also called “KINGLY LAW” (James 2:8-10); because this law originates from King of all Kings. And the best definition of love I have come across so far is: love is” the revelation of the other persons freedom.”-- renowned psychoanalyst Otto Kernberg.

Real Peace ensues automatically when we actually show compassion (com patio = FEEL WITH) towards the disprivileged!

• abiather
    abiather

OnTheWayOut

Your evaluation of the State of Kerala can cast doubt on all your evaluations. I am 52, born and brought up, and working in Kerala. Caste system was here very much till India got independence FROM BRITISH "CHRISHTIANS" in 1947. I have never seen in my life caste system in my State Kerala. On the contrary, MANY may feel envy the stimulus packages being given to the people who were once belonging to the lower caste so that they never sink into the lower caste again.

And another fact is that Kerala is predominantly a Hindu State, Chirsitians are microscopic minority here!

And see, what a Christian Chief minister is accomplishing--something which the Most Powerful "Christian" Empires could not accomplish for last 2000 thousand years!

http://www.zerolandless.kerala.gov.in/

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2013-11-01/india/43591290_1_national-land-reform-policy-excess-land-jairam-ramesh

http://newindianexpress.com/states/kerala/Kannur-to-become-first-zero-landless-district/2013/10/07/article1822571.ece

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Regardless of Christian or Hindu, this should be priority for India:

"He said Kerala will also become the first big state in the country to become an open defecation free state."

Maybe before you get condescending and lecture the rest of us on how we should imitate the example of Kerala, you can make sure that everyone in Kerala has access to toilets--in their workplaces, schools, offices, shopping areas, and even in their homes or apartments. Personally, I've peed out in the field or in the woods, but I couldn't imagine living where ordinary people have to urinate and defecate out in the open, even in cities, because there is no plumbing.

• smiddy
    smiddy

abiather

Your just another cherry picker of bible quotes .

smiddy

• designs
    designs

smiddy- Matthew 25:41 is describing genocide. Maybe in your world butchering 7 billion people isn't genocide but.....

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Your answer to me: Your evaluation of the State of Kerala can cast doubt on all your evaluations.

I am not in Kerala. You say the caste system is unseen to you. If you say so, then there are no servants for rich people in Kerala (for there are no rich people)- or else servants go home to their mansions where they are served by servants on third shift who have their own servants on first shift. Heck, maybe they switch off every 12 hours. Either that, or they commute from another state of India, so that further wrecks Kerala as a great example.

My point wasn't whether Kerala is predominantly Christian or minority Christian. You stated that " The GOLDEN Principle behind Mathew 23:9 can solve even more problems, if one wills!" And your example was the Christian chief minister of Kerala. I read how Kerala manages, by sending its people to the middle east and other places to bring wealth back to Kerala. So to make it a valid example, you would have to say that a Christian land (which Kerala is not) would have to take advantage of an outsider land to give everyone an equal parcel of land (which I read doesn't happen there despite what you see).

I am not knocking Kerala for its wonderful efforts. It's just that trying to make it an example of the application of Christian scriptures is a huge stretch and deserves to be revealed as such.

• Terry
    Terry

Thomas Mallory wrote The Death of Arthur ( Le Morte d'Arthur)

Contained therein you'll find the compiled tales of the noble, grand and beautiful ideas of chivalry, brotherhood, fealty, and the

end of Camelot and it's legendary King Arthur.

It is tale still being told for its truth. Where there are beautiful ideals there are mere humans endeavoring to live up to them. . .and failing.

Or, to quote the inimical Woody Allen: "The heart wants what it wants."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit