Question

by Fading Begins 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Fading Begins
    Fading Begins

I am sure that this has already been discussed, so maybe someone could direct me to the correct link. I just haven't been able to access this site as often as I would like. At the meeting tonight (I wasn't there but was told about it), the brothers were told to pack up a "survival kit" with enough provisions to last for six months - water, medications etc. They were given a list of items to put in this "kit". I hadn't heard about this before, but the brother who told me said it has been an ongoing request, but was discussed again tonight with a list given out. Was this just at our meeting, or did others get this same message?

• DS211
    DS211

Dang i left before the local needs talk....maybe thats when it was brought up.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I haven't heard anything like this from anywhere else. Since you weren't there, are you sure its 100% accurate?

• Gayle
    Gayle

They were given a list of items to put in this "kit"

Was this list on WT letterhead?? Can you get a copy?

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

It is called a 'Go Bag' . l

This has been more than a WT suggestion. It is not in either the Watchtower or Awake magazines.

This is told to you at the Service Meeting.

I am thinking this has been in place for 8 or 9 years or more now. Time flys by so fast, sleeping with one hand on your 'Go Bag' what with being told the Big 'A' is any minute.

There was one sister in my old KHall , I went to visit her. Discussing 'Go Bag' essentials has become a new topic of discussion. I lifted her bag. It was an easy 40 or 50 pounds. I asked her what do you have in there. "Well I need my canned tuna and my can opener and... '

She had a walker for getting around her tiny apt., and one of those high chair apparatus's she puts on top of her toilet so she doesn't have to bend, a wheel chair for when she is out of her apt, and her cane. She lived on the 3rd floor of a Seniors' complex and needed to use the elevator to go up and down, which she did.

We live in an earthquake, tsunami area.

She had made a list for all of her 'Go Bag' essentials, also, just in case Armageddon hadn't come yet, expiry dates written down on a piece of paper, so she could refresh some items 'if needed'.

The WT GB JW.ORG had her so tied up in knots.

She died last year. She 'went', but not her 'Go Bag'. She was baptized around 1950. She was so looking forward to her reward. Being young and living forever on a Paradise Earth. She NEVER expected to die.

LoisLane

• Fading Begins
    Fading Begins

yes I'm sure of accuracy and I will try to find out more tomorrow. Lois this one was called a survival kit and the brothers were asked to write down a list of items that should be in it. They were also told it should be enough to carry them through six months including any medications they might be taking. I've heard of brothers stocking up on stuff but nothing so specific from platform before

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

at my hall a year ago about they did the same thing all to be prepared for a natural disaster, Im sure it was also designed to get people thinking about the big A, because as you know it going to happen any minute now.......

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

That is very, very sad.

The idea of having an bag wlith essential supplies in case of emergency is not a bad, it's just sad that the Watchtower has to use something like that keep people worrying Armageddon, but what else can you expect? They have been using fear to keep people in line for a hundred years, they are not going to stop now.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Yes, this same thing happened in my old hall about a year ago when my wife was still attending. It was printed and bound locally. I think the elders were instructed to make their own nonofficial manual based on suggestions from the WTBTS hive mind. She brought it home and I looked through it. I will ask her tomorrow if we still have it. I think I threw it out along with all their other trash I had piled up over the years. Now I wish I kept it.

Also I remember her telling me they asked all the Bros and Sis to update their personal info – phone numbers and email and home addresses – with their service group overseers. She said it was primarily for the “friends” to have a go bag incase of natural disaster. Also they did mention it would be good to be prepared for the big A, but I do remember her telling me it was primarily for natural disaster preparedness.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Watchtower unofficial policy, if we keep them uneducated we can manipulate them to do anything we say.

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit