How many found the REAL truth from the internet?

by Leander 61 Replies latest jw friends

• bchapp
    bchapp

<2. Realisation
    - Feeling sick and suffering from insomnia, checking the board practically every 3 hours.
    _ Nightmare after nightmare
    _ Raving to my partner as soon as I got home from work and before I go to work, and all night and whatever spare time I possibly had, asking him if I was making the right decision, Telling him about what i'd found on the board, ect.>

Sheesh, this sounds just like my experience. I'm glad I'm not the only one :)

• ballistic
    ballistic

When it comes to the internet, I'm suprised the Watchtower didn't sponsor

• In_between_days
    In_between_days

bchapp,

Congratulations on your decision.

What would you say was the "Final straw" for you?

How long have you been studying?

I told my study that I was no longer going ot study anymore and if she came over I would explain why.

Well, we arranged a day and she did'nt show up, or call.

I have'nt heard from her since, it's been a month.

Most likely, she knew what I was going to say, even though ive never discussed any of the topics on this board before.

Hope your study is a bit more inquisitive.

• Wren
    Wren

Raise hand. I stopped most all activity mainly due to the "double bind" pressure, initially, by my 20's. Finding out the the real truth came from the internet.

Thank you again. To all the links found on this board: Freeminds, Silentlambs, AJWRB, all the quotes sites, Wt Observer. Also, all the sites with research on mind control, Steve Hassan books, Ray Franz COC.

I came here last, but this site started my research of religion in general. Thank you to all those that spent time & energy in publishing your work, part of which is a link here, Research on the Wt. Thanks to the many excellent sites I've visited. All my children have benefited too.

I'll never have the time, dedication, and skills to be a part of a board community like this. (It DOES require just those things, along with really caring, posting to educate or help heal). Just know that the quiet ripple effect continues. I wish there was a way to provide a WT "public service message" to places without much internet access.

Forgive me if I ramble but I wish to add here. To those that help, educate and heal here: At one point it was frustrating to read replies to trolls real or suspected. I got a picture of a professor in an argument with a mentally impaired, street person preacher, on a busy street corner. Now I see those replies are also to help all those reading, questioning, searching, "lurking".

• bchapp
    bchapp

In_between_days

I have been studying for a couple of years. Going to Sundays meetings sporadically and almost every week to the book study. But there was always this little doubt in the back of my mind. I'd say the turning point for me was when I "accidently" found this message board, and clicked on the "Silent Lambs" link. I'm still feeling a little sick, from reading their stories.

• In_between_days
    In_between_days

bchapp,

I understand completely that sick feeling, I am just getting over it now.

The turning point for me was the U.N issue and the ludicrous reaction that J.W's had to it.

Have you had a response from your letter yet?

• larc
    larc

I am an older person who has been out for a long time. It was before the internet, and even before most of the books that are now available. In my case, it was a simple twist of fate that started me reading the very old literature. What an eye opener that was.

All the negative emotions associated with leaving the religion are behind me. So, you might ask, why do I post so much? There are several reasons. I think I can contribute and help people on certain subjects. I also have found it very rewarding, as my wife and I have met many good people here, some we have met in person, some we talk to on the phone, and some we email on a regular basis.

Simon's place has been a good place for us.

• bchapp
    bchapp

In_between_days

No, I didn't get a response to my letter yet. I'll let everybody know what happens when/if I do.

• bchapp
    bchapp

larc,

I am an older person who has been out for a long time. It was before the internet, and even before most of the books that are now available. In my case, it was a simple twist of fate that started me reading the very old literature. What an eye opener that was
    I'm curious, what was in the old literature that made you "see the light"?
  • waiting
    waiting

Howdy y'all,

I was a faithful (if not terribly service relegated) jw for 30 yrs. My husband for 50 yrs. We had a crappy situation with our local BOE, finally wrote long letter to WT with all attachments & legal research, and they wrote back and said they get back with us.......it's been 2 years now.

Oh, they also told our CO to not to talk to us about it - we know that because he was stupid enough to tell us that they said they'd "handle us."

In total frustration (that was going on for a year), I clicked on the Internet - had never used it before (my son helped me and then said "plow forth, mom.") I just KNEW our scenario was sooooooooo rare, the WT just didn't understand our situation.

I typed in Jehovah's Witnesses, and started printing out volumes to use with my faithful yellow highlighter. Then I gave them to my husband, then we shipped them to my sister, who then gave them to her son. The power of the internet and truth.

But for companionship with like minds (even when we argue)? JW.com - by the amount of posts, you can tell I came here early and just never left. Simon and Ang. brilliantly succeed in making a Free Place for Jehovah's Witnesses......coming or going from that "terrible, terrible, religion." - Farkel

bchapp You're so much smarter than the majority of us! You looked before you leaped.....congratulations! Well, we were smart, we just didn't look with open eyes.

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit