24 hour field service marathon ??

by gingerbread 27 Replies latest jw friends

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

I'd rather be waterboarded for 24 hours...

• looter
    looter

Just two hours of field service is enough for me. Can't even imagine a full days worth of humiliating myself in a suit. That would be HELL!

• Ding
    Ding

They must get into stimulating conversations at the door at about the 22 hour mark...

Imagine ringing doorbells at 3 a.m.

• whathappened
    whathappened

The young ones in our area would load up in a van and head down the interstate, stoping at truck stops and gas stations. The would turn around after twelve hours and work the other side of the interstate. Everyone in the van counted 24 hours. It was mostly for easy time and socializing.

• steve2
    steve2

As long as that 24-hour field service marathon isn't to the same hapless householder.

But seriously, once they've reached the hour-quota for the month, what do they then do? Hold down a full time job? go skiing? ride a bike across country? play chess? Given the quota even for full time pioneers is about 70 hours, they could reach that in 3 24-hour days and still have 2 hours left over (24 x 3 = 72). Or do they accrue hours for months ahead of time?

• rebel8
    rebel8

I am sure he was a hero in the local congregation.

Yeah, instead of them taking him aside and saying, "Look dude, what you're doing is scary unhealthy. You need to stop. And see a doctor."

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Religious fanaticism if ever I heard it!

Bill

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

I'd rather be waterboarded for 24 hours...

LOL.....imagine how tortuous a 24 hr bible study (*wink*wink*) with a dull Jehovah's Witness would be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit