24 hour field service marathon ??

by gingerbread 27 Replies latest jw friends

• ekruks
    ekruks

That is all about hours on a bit of paper and not about helping people - pointless

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

This method is being used in urban areas for the obvious reasons. Typical witnessing stops are all night convenience stores, gas stations, outside grocery stores and Walmart, Greyhound bus stations, train terminals and (the funniest) truck stops.

It's the result of the group mentality that permeates the Org. "It's us against them doing the most important work on the planet...anytime; day or night. We're showing our self sacrificing spirit to the world."

The new leaflet program is perfect for this method and dovetails well with the new literature cart set-up.

ginger

• Syme
    Syme

The most I had done was 13 hours, when I was exactly 20. I was an arrogant bastard back then. And I thought that was the threshold! But, yes, it seems that fanaticism has its way of getting through and expanding, in youths especially. Now, all these fanatic practices make me so sad to hear about... The thing is those poor kids think they do something really progressive... Those young kids, it's in their hands to be conscious, ethical humans, or surrender to being blind warriors and sheep at the same time.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

On my way to work at 5:00 a.m. I always see a brother at a particular corner holding up a magazine...not speaking to anyone. He's there every day.

• runForever
    runForever

8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed! 9 As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received, he is to be accursed!…

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I kid you not, there was a pioneer brother that recorded 360 hours one month. He only slept 2 hours a day.

Talk about puttin in time. As crazy as that is , it is totally believable. It is als totally pointless and unproductive. But I am sure he was a hero in the local congregation.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I never could last. I have had a few mornings when I started field circus at 6 or so, and by noon I wanted to do something other than field circus. Another time, when they had that "pious-sneer for a day" crap, I lasted until about 2:30 in the afternooon. Even a regular morning was as often as not a drag.

Yet, the same amount of time spent putting up Christmas lights seems to fly by.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

I've done it before. We started at around 6pm doing a few friendly calls (that took maybe an hour each) then hitting landry mats and other businesses then 24 hour places. It was super easy. We even drove to another city about an hour away, stopping at truck stops along the way.

Got back met with the regular group for Sat FS, then made some calls in the afternoon. I think we ended up getting around 20 hours. I was aux pioneering that month so it really boosted me making my time. It was actually much easier than knocking on doors.

The elders (I was a MS at the time) critized us but one of my friends had a yearbook where this practice was related. He asked the elder if that elder was questioning something the "slave" encouraged. LOL - you should have seen his face.

It's never about reaching people, it's always about "counting time".

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

FS is so futile and worthless. Just another social event for most JW's. Ride around in vehicles making the occasional RV and thn off to the coffee shop for more socializing. Run a few errands in between and hope like heck that no one answers the door so they can spend 2-3 minutes recording the not-at-home. BUT it's sacred service and that's what counts.

eyeuse2badub.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

If any outsider read this thread they would think the JW religion is bat-shit crazy. Long hour marathons of wasting time, then reporting it on a time slip that is counted by the religious cult corporation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit