Self Destructing. oh-oh.

by Captain Blithering 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

Cheers Adam, you're quite right. My long term plan is VERY long though. It's testing my patience already! I'll control myself from now on, false alert everybody, nothing to see here.

• BU2B
    BU2B

I am with you all the way Captain. I will be announced as no longer a MS this Thursday, and It does feel like a weight off. We woke up around the same time, both have wives and families still in and are both trying to take the slow route to salvage our immediate families. I know I cant do this indefinitely, but if my marriage does break up like so many do upon one party learning TTATT, I want to know I have done the best I can to keep my family together. It may feel like there is a rush, but there really isnt a tremendous one. As long as we can maintain our sanity we should keep trying.

I know what you mean about the merry Christmas, and telling others the truth about JWs. I now say bless you after a co worker sneezes, wish people a happy holidays, and have told 2 of my co workers about the situation I am in. The trouble is not slipping up and not saying God bless you too the wifey when she sneezes, or not saying Happy New Year to the cashier when your wife is in line with you lol.

Hang in there my friend and feel free to PM me anytime you want to talk. -BU2B (Brought Up to Believe)

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

Cheers BU2B, it IS helpful being on here, it really is a support.

I'll PM when I get round to it, got a stinking talk to prepare for tomorrow night first!!

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

CB - You have a PM.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

You can get away with saying some outrageous stuff as long as it is viewed as coming from a believer in good standing.

You can display cognitive dissonance like a badge of honour, bringing up whacko doctrines and attitudes while there is Worldly company present. Make sure to say stuff that the Dub already knows, but would never mention in public. If they do have a go at you for it, don't get into an argument, but make them explain their reasons. Try to get them to say things that will give them trouble when they try to get to sleep at night, without you making any statements that are not supported by the WT.

• steve2
    steve2

You would not be the first person whose longer range plans are jeopardised by short-term poor impulse control. But you might be over-reacting to what you are saying. You could go subtle."I like the way we avoid pagan symbols - shame about how attached we are to wedding rings though" or "I love that we celebrate wedding anniversaries - they are so like birthdays of marriages!".

Expressing the double standards in a brightly innocent manner can be devastatingly confusing to thick-minded Witnesses. Here's another one: It'sgreat that the GB allows Witnesses with some blood disorders to use their consciences to decide whether to have blood derivatives. Just a bit puzzling that no Witness in good standing can donate the blood from which these blood derivatives come from". Smile. Ooze warmth.

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

Cheers steve and black sheep, ive been doing this on and off with the missus, as opposed to telling her stuff, wording it in a question, 'I don't get this' , or 'how do you understand this' etc.. It all feels a little too slow though, I'm not seeing any fruitage yet, but I KNOW I've got to be more patient... I read experiences like crazy guys recently, things like that give me real hope!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit