Self Destructing. oh-oh.

by Captain Blithering 36 Replies latest jw friends

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

Maybe you should slow down just a bit for now. If you want your wife out with you, you can't risk scaring her. It will be worth it in the end, don't you think? Just make up a number for the silly tracts. They can leave as many as they want, very few people wii actually read them.

I hope your wife wakes up quickly so you don't have to tolerate this for too much longer! All the best on your journey, captain!

• jgnat
    jgnat

It's not self-destruction, it's called self-expression. You are itching to be out of your hair coat.

Yes, I've sabotaged my plan lots of times. Hubby shows a niggling doubt and I blurt out, "Why don't you attend my service this weekend?" His phobias kick in and back he goes. It makes me wonder if I am more than comfortable having him with one leg in and out of the Witnesses.

• tornapart
    tornapart

I'm in a similar position to you CB. It's very difficult to try and keep your trap shut sometimes isn't it? LOL

I'm lucky that I'm quiet and keep myself to myself. I'm friendly enough but I don't give anyone much to talk about. My big problem is that hubby is an elder and son is a MS/pio. So they are in the spotlight of the cong. Missing lots of meetings is not good for an elder's wife and I'm just waiting for it to be noticed. The CO had already noticed my very low hours. All I want is just to be left alone and not bothered by anyone and just do my own thing. Wonder how long it will last?

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

Oh oh...

Just gorn and done it AGAIN!!

Spent about an hour with two customers in their office having a good old whinge at the WT's expense!

Feels GOOD to get it off my chest and to help others realise that JW's aren't as benign as they appear. They even told me to work out a couple of 'witness-stumper' questions to ask them next time they knock on their doors..

SOMEBODY STOP MEEEEE!!

(no don't, I'm enjoying this!)

• KateWild
    KateWild

The more fun the better I say. But try not to hurt your lovely wifey. Kate xx

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

CB

You'll have to decide what is most important in the long term. Do you want to maintain a 'normal' relationship with your JW family and friends? If you do, you have to keep your trap shut. I know that's an oxymoron...but that's the reality of the situation.

Is it really all that important that you spread the good news (the facts) about the 'Truth'? Will this accomplish anything positive in the long term? You won't prove anything to anyone in the Hall...except that you are a 'rebellious guy'. You can't have you cake and eat it too.

Perhaps honesty and openness with your wife is the best policy? Worry about the people that mean something to you...

I can relate - we're in the same boat!

ginger

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

RE: Watchtower theology is Crock<<<.

OMG. Say it isn't so!!

• Emery
    Emery

You've definitely come a long ways Captain. I remember some of your first posts here and it definitely sounds like you've already achieved mental freedom. You're not alone, I'm still in because of family too and its tough. However, I still have some decent jw friends to surround myself with until that time comes. Anways, continue to keep us posted!

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

Thanks gingerbread , of course you're right, but it does feel good ranting occasionally !

This is one of the things that galls me so much right now, that i cant talk with my pretty half about it. Not yet anyway..

• adamah
    adamah

CB, the irony is JWs preach to others about the importance in learning self-control, when the reality is you are facing the real challenge of exercising self-control in YOUR life, having learned TTATT.

To paraphrase Jesus, now is the time to be caution like serpents, as the situation could quickly spin out of control due to an occasional slip-up; would that be worth it just for the sake of a few moments of venting?

Fact is, very few JWs are emotionally-prepared to pull off a successful fade and exit from the cult, likely due to their temperament, i.e. the same inability to handle the unknown which is exactly the same personality trait which made the JW religion appear attractive to them: it offers the false assurance of certainty. So would-be faders are more likely to slip up and spill the beans about TTATT during a moment of weakness, driven by their emotional need to vent, forgetting that fading is playing the 'long game' and requires a rational approach to achieve victory in a manner they want to accomplish it.

Just make sure you have an escape plan in your head, or committed to writing with firm 'acheive by' dates (and better yet to write it in code, so someone doesn't find it and turn you in), and try not to give in to any actions that are driven by emotion, yet aren't in your long-term interests.

Loose lips sink ships.

Adam

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit