The elders are calling again.

by dazed but not confused 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• blondie
  • dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

I would wear a Santa outfit every evening this month just in case they come by.

Love it.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

They aren’t giving up yet. At 9:45am just now they knock on the door. I didn’t answer. It was an “elder” I know and one other guy I don’t know. We have Christmas decorations up. The TV was blaring and when I looked out the peep hole we made eye contact. When I used to go out in service, I would keep looking at the peep hole to see if there is movement. Im sure he saw the light flicker when I looked through the hole.

If I continue to ignore their calls and knocking on our door, will they leave us alone? Mrs. Dazed doesn’t want to lose contact with her mom. She fears this may happen if anything is perused. What would you recommend?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I'd have recommended NOT putting up holiday decorations, but too late for that.

You can't flaunt it right before their eyes and attempt to have a quiet "fade".

It is of course, YOUR choice, but you cannot expect to have it both ways.

If you don't openly "rock the boat" they are usually content to leave you alone.

If you become active in speaking your "apostate" ideas or outward displays (christmas lights), now you have forced their hand.

Doc

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

When I used to go out in service, I would keep looking at the peep hole to see if there is movement. Im sure he saw the light flicker when I looked through the hole.

Lol, sounds like you are giving them a little too much credit!

Keep ignoring. Watch out for a certified letter in the mail, refuse it or only sign for it with an "X" so they won't know you got it.

Absolute worst case is you could fall on the sword and say its you who put up the decorations as the "head of the house" and your wife doesn't like it.

Elders are busy people, this too shall pass.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

If I continue to ignore their calls and knocking on our door, will they leave us alone?

If two JW clergy appeared at your door, saw your Christmas lights, saw that you declined to open the door, they will probably leave you alone now...........right after then announce "Bro DBNC is no longer one of JWs". But most likely you'll get a written invitation for you both to attend your Judicial Committee.

If she is determined not to lose contact with her family but you don't give a sh&t, she could attend the JC and point the finger at you (like Lost Gen says).

Good luck,

Doc

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

I am not interested in acknowledging them in a way that makes them feel they have any authority over me. Mrs. Dazed will deal with the problem with her mom if one comes up. I really don’t think her mom would stop talking to her because of a DFing. Her mom is cooler than most JWs.

If she is determined not to lose contact with her family but you don't give a sh&t, she could attend the JC and point the finger at you (like Lost Gen says).

I thought of this as well and I'm fine with it if it comes to that.

LostGen - I like the "Sign with an X" so at least I could read the letter. I may do this if they send a registered letter.

• label licker
    label licker

If they want to get you off their hit list, they will. We didn't even have christmas lights and they stalked us for three hours outside our gates. We have no tresspassing signs up so they sat at the end of our lane on the other side of our locked gates one Saturday morning. The one elders grandmother had also passed away the night before and that didn't stop the goons from counting their time. Just wicked. And don't think they won't make up lies and turn congregations upside down giving you a wicked reputation. They are trained by this slimey org to do what ever it takes to protect their wicked sheep and let the good ones leave. So glad we're out. The df'd hubby but won't df me. Just publically reproved me even when I asked the co to be df'd, he said he had to follow the rest of what the body of elders say and do. It was a nightmare but now it was so worth it. We have our freedom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit