The elders are calling again.

by dazed but not confused 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

An elder called and left me a voicemail today. He wants me to call him back at my convenience. Lol.

It’s been almost 2 years since he last tried to contact me. Perhaps they saw our Christmas lights up or the Halloween decorations last month. Or maybe they spy on here from time to time. {It that’s the case, hi Jeremy Lilley} I don’t mind posting my picture here so perhaps they’ve seen it.

I told him last time he called that none of them have any authority over me. I told him I don’t believe in god/ Jesus or the bible anymore.

Can I expect a registered letter soon or 3 knocking on my door?

Bring it. If I get the chance, I will try to record any future interactions. For now, I will just ignore them.

Any fun suggestions?

• Comatose
    Comatose

Sorry. What sucks is that life outside is great until they start harassing you. It's happening to me tight now... Ignore ignore ignore. In your case it's been years and if you ignore then you don't show you acknowledge the authority of the Cong.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Send them Merry Christmas and Happy New Year cards.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

or call them during their meeting nights and sing Merry Christmas on voice mail. They might finally leave you alone.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

lol Iamallcool. That sounds like fun.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Coma – I think, from stories I’ve read here, they can still proceed without acknowledgement from me if they see something DF’ worthy - XMAS lights?. I could be wrong.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Maybe dress as a wizard when you do meet them, constantly pointing at them whilst shouting spells....

• UBM101
    UBM101

I told him last time he called that none of them have any authority over me. I told him I don’t believe in god/ Jesus or the bible anymore.

It doesn't matter because the most important thing is............................. if you still believe in the organisation.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

UMB101 - Damn, I forgot to mention that one...

I like it Snare&racket

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Has anybody ever gotten a restraining order do to harassment by the elders? I considered it because I asked five times to be put on the do not call list, I even sent a letter. I finally gave the last one a copy of the letter and said I was an apostate, I think that worked, I haven't seen them since then, a month ago.

It's like they don't understand what the word "no" means. Really, it's no wonder we come out of the religion with no social skills, we were taught that it's OK to not respect boundaries. I knew dubs that would knock even when they had a no soliciting sign, I just thought that was rude. This weekend I saw a sign at a gift shop, it said "No soliciting, no witnessing, no kidding". I should have gotten it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit