Clarifying who can be labelled Creationist.

by jonahstourguide 20 Replies latest jw friends

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

No worries konceptual99 I'm on it. That's why I popped the question.

Hey, one of the microphone handlers tonight dropped the bombshell...

"there is an anomally in the insight book regarding Sodom's chances of resurrection"

Joint goes quiet, elders turn around and the mike man goes on to explain the differing 'lights'

something about the difference and revision of their chances,,,, I'm thinking,, this bloke must be on jwnet !!!!

I reckon they'll be sorting him out .. lol ha ha

jtg

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

And thank you Syme, it's a bit like being a jw. you are a grunt, pioneer, minnow, elder, co, do, bo, gov bod,

but ya still a jw

jtg

• prologos
    prologos

so apart from WT,

what do you call a believer in a creator, but who is

a person that rejects all of the day 1-7 account? asking because

Creationist seems to be only about Evolution vs one-off fixed species/kinds, which is after all only the shuffling around of matter, whereas

the real creation question is the appearance from zero, before zero material period.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

JWs are OEC's because they say the Hebrew word for day can be a period of time, possibly eons. So, GOD created the physical universe, including the Earth, in 6 periods of time. The length of these "days" is unknown.

DD

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

The JW version of creationism still requires then to be willfully ignorant of credibly scientific facts... Only someone who gets ALL of his info from the WT could be expected to buy this crap. Their lies will only continue to wake people up!

• rawe
    rawe

Hi jtg,

Upto to about the point the Insight volumes replaced the Aid book, Jehovah's Witnesses held that each creative day was 7000 years in length. Thus while they didn't believe the earth and animals where created just over 6000 years ago, it was still within the range of young-earth (6 x 7000 = 42,000). Modern Witnesses now allow for each creative day to be an unspecified length of time and even for one day to overlap with another. Thus an age of 13.7 billion for the Universe and 4.5 billion for the Earth would not be a point of objection. Despite this, authors of Awake! and The Watchtower do not often reference the 4.5 and 13.7 billion numbers.

Nonetheless, Jehovah's Witnesses teach the first human (Adam) to ever have existed was created in 4026 BCE and the first female (Eve) shortly afterwards. They are thus compelled to believe all variation in mitochondrial DNA sequences[1], that passes only through mother to offspring, has happened in the past 6,039 years. Furthermore Jehovah's Witnesses believe all air breathing life, was reduced to what could fit on Noah's Ark and this event happened in 2370 BCE or 4,383 years ago.

Jehovah's Witnesses are absolutely creationists, but are simply less consistent than young earth creationists. They allow chimpanzee to have existed for millions of years, but demand special pleading in the case of a closely related species -- humans.

Cheers,

-Randy

[1] mtDNA sequences can therefore change only via mutation. DNA sequeces provided by male sperm do not impact mtDNA sequences transmitted from one generation to the next.

• KateWild
    KateWild

K99, that was cool. I think you need to employ a good satirical character to post as. Would be fun, and infromative for lurkers and apologists. Kate xx

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

haha Kate! Perhaps so, especially now that SBPW seems to have seen the light and joined the dark side (??)

• cantleave
    cantleave

SBPW seems to have seen the light and joined the dark side (??)

Really? Have I missed something?

• KateWild
    KateWild

Yes you have Angus, you are too busy going on holidays every week

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit