Clarifying who can be labelled Creationist.

by jonahstourguide 20 Replies latest jw friends

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Hi Folks

October 15 2013 study watchtower page 7 para 3. The paragraph states that

"fundamentalists of Christendom teach that the universe, including our earth

and all life on it, is only a few thousand years old. Those who teach this doctrine

- known as creationism-....... etc etc" (it would take me hours to type the whole lot).

My question is... Would not WTBTS be classified as Creationists albeit Old Earth Creationists ?

Some of you will no doubt find the sentence in the same paragraph referring to these fundamentalists

who teach this doctrine as interesting... " They reject credible scientific evidence that contradicts their view"

jtg

• cantleave
    cantleave

JW's are old Earth creationists. Thet have no understanding or are willfully ignorant of scientific facts.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

They are making their own rules, they can smell that the world has had enough of 'fundementalists' and they have decided that believing that the earth is 6000 years old is what dictates this, they refer to these people as 'creationists'.... Ironic because if I asked the average JW if they were creationists I am sure they would say yes.

The watchtower are setting up straw men and making their own definitions for fundementalism, extremism and creationists etc. The same article was on their old jw.media site for journalists to look at under 'are we fundementalists'. They also said only people who believe the whole bible to be taken as literal are extremists and that they dont. Again the average JW would be shocked at them saying that. Watchtower are being sneaky, the journalist looking at JWmedia would read that, thinking it meant they didnt take all the bible literally as they stated.... BUT watchtower were just being naughty, sneaking in the sentence with the small print that some of the bible is prophetic and not literal. BUT for me, the fact that WT were being so deceitful means they know what they are doing and know that they are being extreme BUT dont want that perception, they were protecting the brand.

They can wordplay all day long, but they are fundementalists and they are extremeists and they are creationists.

Says alot that they think they can re-define terminology as they wish, just who do these walking ego's think they are?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Bloody hell Snare - do you ever sleep?

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Hey cant leave,

I am on GP rotation in my home town, so I have JW's on my mind. Just finished some course work too and trying to wind down my brain.

Also I have exam results tommorow..... For my first set of medical finals and last ever practical exams..... So my mind is a little busy despite it being 4am.

snare x

• cantleave
    cantleave

Best of luck with the results......

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Come on guys Jehovahs Witnesses are not Creationists. I refer you to the following:

http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/creationism-belief/

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102006321?q=creationists&p=par

They also do not shun former members:

http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/shunning/

And what is more they are not the only ones to be saved at the big A:

http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/who-saved/

Come on - get with the program! If you really can't see these references as proof that you are misguided then I don't think there is any hope for you.

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Well folks, thats kind of what I was suspecting because I don't quite

see the point in hair splitting as the article seems to do in this instance.

Well said konceptual99 and we all started somewhere. Found your

Egyptian timeline interesting as I'm currently trying to nut that

one out as well, esp. projected population growth etc.

jtg

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Hi JTG - just to be clear - I was being sarcastic. The WTS distancing itself from YEC views and their political agenda does absolutely nothing to diminish the fact that they are plain ol' old earth CREATIONISTS. They believe in creation. They discount evolution through natural selection and beleive God created the earth and all living things. They are splitting hairs to try and make the organisation seem reasonable and scientific.

It's just another example of WTS doublespeak, hence the other references. The PR dept. in Brooklyn tries hard to hide the reality but the WTS promotes creationism, promotes the shunning those who leave the faith and knows that God's war against wicked mankind will destroy millions, if not billions, of men, women and children. The shame about the last part is that if those people died before the big A then they stand a chance of being resurrected.

• Syme
    Syme

Of course JWs are creationists!

Old-Earth creationists, with a tendency to Progressive creationism lately (changing slowly the definition of "kinds" to that of genuses or ever families); but creationists nevertheless. Check the articles in Wikipedia on the creatiosism and its sub-genres, please.

CREATIONIST: One who believes that each species ("kind") was specially CREATED by God, instead of evolving.

The WTS's misleading definition of "those who believe in 6-day creation" is a half truth. Those who believe in literal 6-day creation are the Young Earth Creationists, just a small portion of the creationism "family".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit