People, I'm still living in fear.

by Julia Orwell 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• gorgia2
    gorgia2

Julia

I'm so sorry you are going through all this anxiety and pain. Hopefully one day not one JW you may see on the street or come across on FB will bear any influence upon your life decisions or how you feel. It took me a long time not to care. Nowadays I can go up and say hello to someone I come across whom I recall from my old cong, (I was never baptised, but a born-in), & enjoy watching them squirm as I greet them with a big cheesy smile.

However you choose to make this happen, make sure it is the right way for you. But do it, because allowing others to create such anxiety is awful, I know. I wish you all the best and much courage.

gorgia

• KateWild
    KateWild

"I'm not going to be lied to anymore. Do some research. It's a cult. It's like North Korea. I want officially out of your organisation because it's just about fear mongering, guilt tripping, lies, and Pharisaic rules and control. "The Truth" is lies, and the Organisation doesn't want you to find out. Well, I did, and I'm out.-julia

This is simple to the point and comes from the heart. You are being genuine and not compromising your integrity. I say go for it when you are ready. I feel free now that my loved ones know why I can't go to meetings any more.

We both learned TTATT around the same time Julia, but you faded, while I stayed in and planned a dramatic exit, our exits are still not fully complete yet.

I had my JW friend round last night. We still need to take control of our lives and not allow 8 stupid men in NY to cause us stress.

Well done Julia, you are doing okay.

Sam xx

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

Dear Julia, It takes a lot of courage to do it... I haven't done it because of the family ties. If I didn't have these I would DA myself straight away.

I also understand the feeling of "fear". I once had a situation that someone was on a witchhunt on a forum and tried to find out who I am. If it would happen NOW I would not care really. For some reason I am ready to be "discovered" and to have the chance to say NO to a JC. They can fuck off :P

Please remember that you owe NOONE an apoligy... you are NOT their slave and NOT their property. The feeling you have is understandable but it is a false feeling. x

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

"I'm not going to be lied to anymore. Do some research. It's a cult. It's like North Korea. I want officially out of your organisation because it's just about fear mongering, guilt tripping, lies, and Pharisaic rules and control. "The Truth" is lies, and the Organisation doesn't want you to find out. Well, I did, and I'm out.

I'm not bitter; but I am angry I was lied to. I feel like an idiot that it took me 15 years to work out the true character of this cold, crushing organisation. But I shouldn't be so hard on myself, because you reading this have been trapped far longer, which is a testament to just how good they are at misleading people."

THAT, is a frickin awesome DA letter right there! I'd send that to your JWs first though if you ever decide to do it....

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

LOl, I would just say 'move on!'- but it's not that easy... but I'll say it anyway. The JW's are just a social club, everything they told you... it's a lie. Life is short- move on and become an ex-ex-JW. Those who stay on this forum or occupy themselves with JW events generally have relatives still trapped in the Borg... but if you haven't- then do a runner- hit the road and live the life you really want; and forget the Witlesses ever existed. LOL, that's my piece of useless advice for tonight.

• jhine
    jhine

Julia , if you have no relatives still in to worry about what is your fear ? What can they do apart from ignore you , which I would imagine would be nice !! They have no power at all if you do not let them .

Jan

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I would not send them a letter. I would just go about my life as if I'd quit that Gym Membership at that club and joined one closer to my house and more fitting to my needs.

If you think they will show up at your door and you might be caught off guard, write a letter and keep it next to the door to hand to them if they show up.

• sizemik
    sizemik

You're actually free of them already. I'm a "don't play by their rules" person I'm afraid. I chose to just walk away and refused to engage any Elders.. When writing a DA letter ... keep in mind it's a letter of dissociation. Do you really want to be the one who dissociates from them? It's kind of like Billy says ... disfellowshipping the whole organisation, because it is your initiative to dissociate from them. If you want to stop feeding into the dictates of the WTS ... walk away, say nothing. If you genuinely no longer want any JW as an associate ... then DA, walk away, say nothing.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I prefer allowing the elders to twist in the wind, trying to keep all the paperwork straight while exiting Witnesses get on with their lives.

On the other hand, it is always good if you are in the driver's seat. Send the letter you want to send.

I want the elders chasing down rumors, scrambling to fill spots emptied by the planned incompetent, booking JC's for no-shows, mailing registered letters demanding signatures, writing letters for clarification, calling other congregations to confirm attendance of faded members, berated by their COBE for minutae, registered on a lawsuit for a bad decision, put on hold by Bethel legal, all to drive home that this work is nothing like what they were led to believe. It's certainly not shepherding, it's not noble, and it's a collossal waste of their lives.

• KateWild
    KateWild

collossal waste of their lives.-jgnat

lol, thing is though many of them relish in it. Sam xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit