my life is a mess need some advice

by deservingone26 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• deservingone26
    deservingone26

so if you read thru my previous posts from years ago u can see a little background of my life. To do a quick summary i was df'd at 19, Got into the party lifestyle which included party drugs and lots of alcohol. At 24 i decided to step bacdk and really try to get my life in order. I found the mormon church. I soon found out that my mom was dying about 3 months in and her request was for me to return to the kingdom hall. I started goingback but it was just not in my heart and about 7 months after she was diagnosed she passed away. I never got reinstated.

I went back to the mormon church and became and on and off member for about a year and a half. I can say im proud that i quit doing drugs (2+ years clean! I soon started to become bored. I think i just like drama and change because im constantly moving and trying to do new things. In september i fell back into an old habit. The reason i was disfellowshiped. I hooked up with another guy. I freaked out because at the time i was really active in the mormon church. I did the only thing im always good at and i ran!I bought a one way ticket to san diego! I partied hard for 3 days straight spending about 700. i was broke and fortunately moved in with my dad. My dad let me move in with him but he still had a full fledged jehovah witness mindset. and he was remarried. i

• deservingone26
    deservingone26

im doing this from cell phone so its not letting me continue on with post for some reason at certain point the story is almost done...

• deservingone26
    deservingone26

my dad got remarried to another jw but for some reason they were both df'd he is saying because she was not elgible to be remarried but not sure of the actual story... ithey are both working on getting reinstated. my step mom is crazy so after 3 weeks i moved out. I moved into housing program (homeless shelter) been living here for a month. my life is a mess because i dont knowwhat im doing anymore. i dont know where my lifeis going it just seems to be geting worse and worse. i dont know if i want to be religious i just cant seem to vonnect anymore if you know what i mean and i dont know if i want to be gay because everytime i hook up i just feel really guilty. i just dont feel good and im just seem to be constantly searching for something to make me feel good. but nothing seems to work...im back to work but getting minimum wage. its the only job i could get. i just dont know anymore any suggestions would be great...

• Comatose
    Comatose

You need to try to see a counselor or therapist. You need help getting over the guilt with who you are. It's just who you are. And it's okay. You can be gay and normal and happy. First things first. Join a local group that supports gay people coming out and struggling. You will meet new friends there. Stay clean.

I would see if there is a narcotics anonymous for gays in your area. I bet there is. I'll google search it and post it back. I know alc and narc anon are almost like a religion. The structure would probably help you.

• Comatose
    Comatose

https://www.facebook.com/pages/San-Diego-North-County-Alano-Club/185578497675

This one may be best - http://www.feelinggood.org/

reach out to them. From their website:

Local Recovery

San Diego's recovering community is very active, and includes many wonderful recovery organizations. On any given day we are lucky to have a number of meetings and events to attend. Presented here is a listing of some of these organizations and their contact information.

Live and Let Live Alano Club
    1730 Monroe Avenue
    San Diego, CA 92116
    ph#: 619-298-8008
    Hours 10:30 am - 10 pm daily

Stepping Stone San Diego
    3767 Central Ave
    San Diego, CA 92105
    ph#: 619-278-0777

AA Central Office, San Diego
    7075 Mission Gorge Road, Suite B
    San Diego, CA 92120
    ph#: 619-265-8762 (24 hours a day)
    Office Hours : Mo-Sat 9am-5pm

Al-Anon Family Groups, San Diego
    ph#: 619-296-2666
    Office Hours : Mo-Fri 10am - 4pm

Gay Men's Spiritual Retreat
    Annual Spiritual Retreat for Men.

Lambda Recovery Weekend
    Annual recovery weekend for men and women in our community.

Live & Let Live Lesbian Roundup
    Annual retreat for ALL women in All 12-Step programs.

Return to top
  • JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Please be super careful. Mixing drugs and sex (any kind) is risky legally and medically. That is just not a road you want to go down. I have lost three gay friends one at 22(suicide after arrests on prostitution charges/drug problems) one at 25(AIDS) and one at 47 (liver failure). I also know people (gay/straight)who have rich and productive lives-but drugs are not a part of their lives. Take care of the substance abuse and learn to deal with your sexuality in a way that you can live with yourself. Keep working hard to improve your situation. It can get better-it can be GOOD, even GREAT. Make great your goal. No matter what. The JW thing is a no go. The LDS thing-not working. If you need spirituality, find it in a place that you can work with who you are, where you are.

Good luck, best wishes.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Are you still in San Diego? There's a large and active LGBT group there. You do need to find some sort of counseling to help you -- being gay isn't anything to feel guilty about. And, you need help putting a better life together, getting away from drugs. Stay in the homeless shelter, go to work, get all the counseling and support you can. Try to eat some healthy stuff every day, and try to exercise outside in the sun every day.

• deservingone26
    deservingone26

thank you i will look into these. I need to find a councelor or therapist but is that a lot of money?

• deservingone26
    deservingone26

im drug free and have been for over 2 years no weed or anything. ive been offered drugs but i always turn them down but still drinking tho...

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

You should be able to find some free counseling somewhere in your community, although you may have to hunt for it. When I lived in San Diego and was getting out of the org., I went to County Mental Health and found a very good counselor, and I didn't have to pay for the counseling.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit