Movies You Watch Over & Over & Over

by 3acrewood 51 Replies latest social entertainment

• whathappened
    whathappened

I can watch There's Something About MAry". And the movie "Overboard" over and over. Also "Grease."

• ammo
    ammo

Troy - sound on or off who cares :)))

Moulin Rouge Ahhh Satine!

Zoolander - Blue steel x 6

Sex in the City 1 and 2 - with friends like these...

Notebook (yes I know but its still a good one)

Any Daniel Craig-Bond Movie "I have a little itch,could you scratch it for me"

The Untouchables- the version with Robert De Niro as Capone "I want him dead, I want his family DEAD!!!"

Good Fellas

Something about Mary still cracks me up!

and finally one I watch when feeling a bit bummed out on humans- Love Actually

• Room 215
    Room 215

"On The Waterfront"

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

I bought and watched "Ferris Buellers Day Off" for the first time a few months ago because I have read so many references to it. I loved it, it was so funny.

My all time favorites are "Godfather' 1&2, "Scent of a Woman" "Ray" (about Ray Charles) and "Shawshank Redemption."

Other favorites include but are not limited to:

Sleepless in Seattle

While you were Sleeping,

Leap Year

What Happens in Vegas- I like the way Cameron Diez opens the Champagne bottle.

Fools Rush In- "The gringos are melting." when the guys parents are on the lake. "Methodist is not a religion." Favorite lines.

You've Got Mail- watched it three times this week.

Groundhog Day-

Home Alone - Watch it every Chrismas Day.

Goodfellas-

Jaws- when I checked out the book from the libary, my husband though I was weird reading a book about a shark attacking people.

Meet the Parents.

Father of the Bride. any movie with Steve Martin.

The Out of Towners.

The Holiday- I like seeing how things are in England. I can't decide which house I like best, I would like to have both. I like the part when the gardener shakes his head to the guy about telling Careron Diez the truth about sleeping with the secretary.

Julie & Julie - Julie was a smart cookie to have blogged and then written about her cooking all of the recipes in Julia Child's "Mastering the Art of French Cooking." I'm sure she made millions with that book.

There are too many movies I watch more than once. I love movies. I printed what you guys posted and will watch those I have not seen. Some not-watched will more that likely become my favorites also.

PHG.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The 'Burbs

Shawshank Redemption

Jurassic Park

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

I pretty much agree with everyone's selections. All very good movies. When my wife and I take a trip we usually bring along a few movies to watch along the way when nothing is good on the motel TV. In fact, we just did this very thing a couple of weeks ago. What is unique about this list is that it contains movies, that when they are on TV, we stop what we are doing and just watch them for awhile - in spite of how short a time it has been since we saw them last. Here they are in no particular order:

Tombstone (Kurt Russell and Val Kilmer)

Last of the Mohicans (Daniel Day-Lewis)

Mama Mia! (Meryl Streep)

The Commitments

Dirty Dancing (Patrick Swayze)

The Notebook (Ryan Gosling)

-----

Because of their length, we don't usually take these with us on a trip, but watch them at least once a year and stop to watch them when we see them on TV:

JFK (Kevin Costner)

Godfather I and II (Al Pacino)

-----

When I am just bored and want something to divert our attention for an hour or so:

Bullitt (Steve McQueen) - Me

Pretty Lady (Richard Geer) - My wife

We have probably 50 DVDs, but some we haven't watched in years - but the ones on this list are just about worn through, if that is possible with DVDs.

JV

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Bad Santa

My Cousin Vinny

Kill Bill

Napoleon Dynamite

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Shawshank Redemption

North By Northwest

Great Escape

Gladiator

The Big Lebowski

Casablanca

The original Star Wars movies

Dumb and Dumber

The Prestige

I better stop right there or this list will be 200 movies long.

• ammo
    ammo

Ahhhh yes yes how could I have forgotten the Godfather- all of them

and Kill Bill 1 and 2-Fantastic

Your right Pan Handle Girl, there's just to many good one's!!!!

also Candy- Heath Ledger is a bloody good movie.

• grumblecakes
    grumblecakes

troll 2!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit