I want to Believe in Something

by James Jackson 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• James Jackson
    James Jackson

After serving in an appointed position for over 26 years (21 Elder, 5 MS,14 Pioneer), I have no more dreams of Paradise, bored at the meetings, do not enjoy the Field Ministry. The desire to do anything is gone. I want to Believe in Something!

• prologos
    prologos

How about belief in the Human endevour to better itself in the many ways we have devised, science, Music, non-violent sports, family, communities, ?

Live is rich outside the WT Treadmill, where the carrot was always dangling in front of you.

• msconcerned
    msconcerned

I feel you JJ, with the amount of years put in only to find things are not what they seemed is VERY hard to take.

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

Believe in yourself and your family. Its not selfish to want to be somebody or good at something. As long as you don't forget your fellow man along the way.

Believe in your abilities. Your skills. The WT is all about take, take, take, until you are just a burnt out husk. Its time to start wanting your life back.

It is yours after all!

GA

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

They say travel broadens the mind. Is that an option open to you?? There's a beautiful world out there, waiting to be explored. You will see God in his creation NOT at the KH or WT. Enjoy your freedom, you deserve it.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Personally I have come to conclude that religion was designed to suck the life out of us.

I have found faith, spirituality and the liberating gospel message to be the exact opposite. It is as if the lights have been switched on in my head.

• jgnat
    jgnat

This happens if someone else set all your priorities for you.

http://www.ted.com/talks/larry_smith_why_you_will_fail_to_have_a_great_career.html

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I want to Believe in Something!

James, I totally understand the feeling. I still am facing the void that everything (living forever in a Paradise before I aged or died) I trusted and in which I had put my faith, is a pipe-dream. While it seems so obvious to me now that all this is RIDICULOUS, I had deep faith in for decades. (Which is why I wonder how I could have been so gullible?)

SOOOOO much of what I believed as a JW -- the fundamental "Truths" -- have failed and are gone. Debunked. As a result, I'm not sure if ANY of what I was taught to believe is still true. I don't want to believe that. I don't want the Bible to be just a fairy tale book for old fools.

Yes, I want to believe SOMETHING. I'd like to believe there is something more than just this miserable short time that is obvious that we have here. Almost ALL peoples of the earth, regardless of where they were born, still believe there is "more".

Yet, if there is an almighty, omnipotent, supreme Being, then why can't He communicate this more clearly? (Atheists, please leave me alone at this stage of things. It's a gradual learning process, I think. I do read your thoughts posted here too. Thanks.)

At the present, it feels that my "tank is on empty".

Doc

• cantleave
    cantleave

Believe in yourself and your ability to make a difference, however small, to somebody in your community....

• zeb
    zeb

At the post office a dad on crutches was with his little girl and they had a stack of mail to send. she wanted to post it.

"Can you reach up there?" he asked as the post box was high for her.

I handed my mail to the next in line and picked up the little one so she could post the mail.

Shy beaming smile and thanks from dad.

They walked away and i turned to the line of folk waiting for their mail and made out i was writing. "Dear Diary, Today I picked up a gorgeous brunette"

Everyone laughed. at the end of a busy working day with their evenings ahead i gave them a laugh. Jump at the opportunity to do this.

Do you or did you ever have a hobby? Time to take it up again. Are you visual or technical? Doyou like to read apart from the wt crud with its poor syntax and made up words. Do you like history thats where real people made countrys happen.

Over to you and I say this as a "PS" on the tail of the fine thoughts given here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit