JW's Unanswerable Question & Why Doesn't Everyone Take Them to Task For This?

by Perry 48 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

This is a killer question and goes along with another coment i just read on a blog about how the ORG like to say we that are not under the New Covenant can become "gods friends" and yet there is not 1 scrpture in the New Testament that conveys this idea.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Hi Perry, here's the ONE Scripture you asked for - Romans 6:7! (This is what woke me up!)

Totally out of context, and it negates Christ's coming to earth and dying, because Witnesses are taught that Paul was referring to someone's literal death!!!

Romans 6:2 explains exactly what kind of "death" Paul was talking about - end of!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Can you show me even ONE area of reality outside of the Bible that shows how a person needs to get their sins forgiven?

Can you even show me that things like premarital sex are even clearly "sins" outside of a religious context?

God decided not to forgive "us" for the acts of naivity of humans He created that way unless we accept His sacrifice of Himself to Himself, which means no real sacrifice beyond a bad Friday on earth.

• designs
    designs

If you are a Believer and claim you are in something called the New Covenant and are now the New Jew in God's favor how serious do you expect to be taken.

• Emery
    Emery

Although I am not a believer, I feel this is a great theological argument, thanks Perry.

• Perry
    Perry

Searcher,

I totally agree. The way Romans 6: 7 gets bandied around in JW circles is in my opinion the saddest example of JW ignorance. If they would only read the next chapter!

"So, my brothers, you also were made dead to the Law through the body of the Christ, that you might become another’s, the one who was raised up from the dead, so that we should bear fruit to God.5 For when we were living according to the flesh, the sinful passions that were awakened by the Law were at work in our bodies to produce fruit for death. 6 But now we have been released from the Law, because we have died to that which restrained us"

JW's seem Hell-Bent on saving themselves and are just not satisfied with God doing it for them.

• tec
    tec

I don't think any one of you has ever objected to Tammy's teaching that people are forgiven and saved by being nice to people who are in the covenant.

Probably because that is not my teaching?

The parable of the sheep and the goats has to do with those who are not the brothers of Christ, but who did good to even the least of his brothers, and are granted entrance into the Kingdom as subjects of that Kingdom. Those are Christ's words, not tammy's:

"Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat.... (continuing until...)... I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me."

But the great crowd... are also the brothers of Christ, as they washed their robes clean in his blood. So as usual, the wts takes a kernal of truth... twists it in falsehoods... and uses it to lord themselves up and over others, keeping others under their heel and obeying them. Rather than teaching truth that would glorify God as GOOD and merciful and loving and just.

Mind you, Christ's words in that parable had NOTHING to do with obeying even the least of his brothers... but rather, feeding one who was hungry (does the GB go hungry?)... or giving drink to one who is thirsty (does the GB go thirsty)... or inviting a stranger in (is the GB a stranger to their 'great crowd')... or clothing one who is without clothes? (does the GB lack for physical clothing?)

I say the GB... since they are the only sanctioned annointed ones in the wts, right? The FDS? The only ones who can partake of Christ... and so be his brother?

The wts doctrines on partaking/the fds/annointing, etc, are so convoluted and backward, it is hard to sort through.

Peace to you!

tammy

• Perry
    Perry

Although I am not a believer, I feel this is a great theological argument, thanks Perry.

You're very welcome Emery. I hope you get a chance to use it to help free someone dear to you.

• myelaine
    myelaine

Dear Tammy...

these are your words which basicly restate what I had said you teach, " The parable of the sheep and the goats has to do with those who are not the brothers of Christ, but who did good to even the least of his brothers, and are granted entrance into the Kingdom as subjects of that Kingdom. Those are Christ's words, not tammy's"...

you read that Jesus is talking to those who are not brothers of Christ but, the scripture clearly says that these are rewarded with an inheritance. The inheritance that is conferred on those IN the covenant.

love michelle

• tec
    tec

The inheritance conferred on those IN the covenant WITH Christ is the Kingdom, ruling as kings and priests with Him, who have become sons of their Father in heaven. He shares with them everything that is His, including his rule of the Kingdom.

The sheep are subjects of that Kingdom. That is their inheritence. It is not the same as those who are in Christ.

The alternative is that someone who might have done good to the brothers of Christ... feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, sheltering the stranger, etc, etc... gets to go out into the outer darkness the same as those who did bad to these brothers of Christ. You think that Christ would repay such ones who did good to him and to the least of his brothers... with outer darkness?

Just curious as to your thinking on this matter.

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit