New Handbill Campaign

by NoRegrets 51 Replies latest jw experiences

• Honesty
    Honesty

SFPW, how can you sleep at night knowing that the tracts you are distributing to your neighbors who you are supposed to love contain false teachings?

• factfinder
    factfinder

If they are increasing the tract campagns its to cut costs.

They will cut back on book, brochure & magazine production, and increase the use of tracts.

They have already cut back on book production. Wallkill printed only 17 million books last year compared to 28 million in 2009.

• steve2
    steve2

BTTT

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Oh great, that means they're going to start the territory again and I'm going to have them come again. The only one who actually comes to my door is an elder who looks like Santa Clause. The others walk past and scowl. And I'm not even dfd or da'd.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

They have now been to my house 3 times since July 6 when I moved here. Every time they asked if we spoke spanish (well, not natively) and they just asked who did and went on their way.

I'd like to ask SFPW why they did not speak to a person who opens the door and DOES speak their language. 2 of the women were English speakers natively, and one was spanish speaking. While I "get" that the spanish one was probably in training or something, isn't finding people at home pretty rare?Should that time not be used to minister rather than just get (pretty cold) leads? Seriously, we all speak the same language, you are right there in my face and you won't speak with me because I don't speak the right FOREIGN language? 2 out of 3 people spoke English perfectly! Why not just TALK TO ME??? I can't imagine that there are so many polite householders opening doors that you should just walk away from even leaving a message only because of language-specially when you SPEAK their language!

Can you explain this?

• tiki
    tiki

rebel8 = "ding dong ditch" hhahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa good one!! i remember long ago one of those tract campaigns and we had this one idiotic female gung-ho "pioneer" who literally was running to be sure she placed the most. it was quite the competitive sport actually - who placed the most!! who could run the fastest!

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Like whathappened said, they're not allowed to solicit in my building either so I guess we'll all be destroyed at the Big A, all except the 3 or 4 families of Dubs who live here. I guess Jah will make sure they're out in service or at the meeting when the Big A finally arrives.

• thedog1
    thedog1

To JW daughter

If they were looking for Spanish speakers, as I assume they were from your post, they would be discouraged from speaking to English speakers. There is a slightly complicated arrangement in many countries, including the country I serve in, where, if you are part of a Spanish group you only try to reach Spanish speakers. The English congs or groups only speak to English speakers. This means that different language groups may work the same area at different times but only try to contact those who speak their language. So even though it seems weird that they don't engage with you in English, there is a reason for it!

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

We have not been to the kingdom hall since the memorial. We have not been in field service since 2007.

If I had to hand out all these tract's every quarter every year I would be tired of it.

Just like a paperboy.

Gorby

• steve2
    steve2

Just like a paperboy.

Exactly Gorby. Mind-numbing stuff. I guess that when most door-knockers have been raised in the religion just meeting religious requirements - and getting others off your case - is enough. I suspect that most of them wouldn't know how to hold an informed discussion with the householder anyway - and are probably relieved they are just handing out tracts without any pretence whatsoever of trying to meaningfully engage householders.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit