Is disagreeing with the GB rebelling against God?

by kneehighmiah 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Is Disagreeing with the apostles and other bible writers rebelling against God?

No, because they are just people who studied the history of Israel and applied it to their time. They weren't inspired beyond that, except for certain visions to Peter and John.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I have used this specific analogy before. Since the GB likes to compare those that rebel against Johovahs organization to Korah, then in that scenario they parallel themselves with Moses. I brought this up to an elder and just told him that I was uncomfortable with those comparrisons and the correlations they were drawing between themselves and Moses.

He denied they do that. I pulled out the articles.

Then I read the scripture where Jesus chastises the Pharisees for "seating themselves in the seat of Moses".

He changed the subject.

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

Then I read the scripture where Jesus chastises the Pharisees for "seating themselves in the seat of Moses".

That's an excellent point. Unispired men like the Pharisees placing themselves into a position of unquestionable authority.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

kneehighmiah:

Surely you are kidding? Aren't you???

If you are not, you have my sincerest condolences and I hope you get over this delusion.

Ask yourself these questions: HOW do they communicate with God? Do they go into a trance? Does something appear to them? If so, WHO are the lucky men who have had direct contact with this entity? HOW and WHEN did this contact take place? HOW come the news never reported such an important event or events? Something this stupendous would never be kept a secret.

I sincerely want to know who these men are who are so special that they have had contact with the most high!!! I surely would want to shake their hands!!! In fact, men as special as this should be carried on a float like the Pope!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit