So what types of people actually flourish under the JW regime?

by Julia Orwell 51 Replies latest jw friends

• hoser
    hoser

The type of people that want to blame something else (ie this wicked system) for their problems when in fact many of their problems are self induced

• cantleave
    cantleave

Psychopathic, overly controlling mothers.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

. ............. .WBT$......................By The WBT$ GB Rock Star Popes!!..

....................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I worked around some of the artistic-types that were in bethel for artwork and music. Many of the artists were so tired of doing mandated artwork of "paradise" or "bible" scenes. Music had to be "just so"... as in just so blah.

Mention of "ambitious" reminds me of an unexpected article that helped wake me up. Awake!, June 8, 2005, "The Bible's Viewpoint--Is It Wrong to Be Ambitious?" In there it has headings "Humility Leads to Exaltation" and "True Christian Avoid Ambition." It was a true WTF moment for me. Everything I saw about GB 2.0 was about ambition, not humility. I couldn't say that any of them were particularly smart, spiritual, or worthy. Their sole qualification was that they could nibble and sip once a year and fool people into thinking that they were legit. The WT structure with GB, branch committees, DOs, COs, elders, MSs, and the rest of the JW pecking order is about being ambitious and pushing oneself ahead. Humility? That's just a fake mask to conceal the deep-seated desire that is programmed into every JW... they are taught to pray for the murder of billions of innocent people that don't belong to their crazy cult.

• thesaint
    thesaint

Bored people.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Many of the artists were so tired of doing mandated artwork of "paradise" or "bible" scenes. Music had to be "just so"... as in just so blah.

That's just like North Korean artists and musicians.

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

Control freaks and very very weird people. How can a normal person study a book like Revelation in a serious way? Or even pretend to accept the generation new light BS?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Data-Dog, that Covington quote is just about the most honest thing a GB rep has ever said.

What a fascist.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i've seen lots of different people. some hippies and a former fascist. families that lived in big houses in good neighbourhoods and very poor people who became JW's. the fascist left it. the hippy and the fascist became elders.

flourish. i don't know.

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

The same type of people that flourished under the soviet regime: sociopaths.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit