So what types of people actually flourish under the JW regime?

by Julia Orwell 51 Replies latest jw friends

• d
    d

Those with very addictive personalities.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Yes. Some say that people who need someone to tell them what to do all the time do pretty well too, but I'm not so sure. If someone who is like that ends up in a situation where the leaders want the best for them, that could work. But in the WT, they don't want what's best for their followers, they want what will perpetuate their machine.

I think the only ones I've seen do well as JWs that is they're in a good groove and happy with life and are good at what they do, are the 'God's gift' types. I'm thinking of an elder in my old congregation, a man in his early 30's who loves the sound of his own voice, worships the Org and points out how he moved in to serve where the need is great, is a pioneer and an elder, and he did it all, not for money, but for the Org. A person who doesn't care what sort of job he has, and gains no fulfilment from work or family or a career, but from being a prince among men and bossing around meek people who've been trained for obedience.

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

Julia that's the definition of a narcissist.

• d
    d

Those with feelings of grandoise power who may not get that in any other situation.

• Emery
    Emery

In my local area, I feel people who aren't very gifted or talented in any one thing are normally the ones who succeed in this organization. The organization becomes the one thing they can be good at, and all it really takes is warming up a seat.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Career Tributes- bleh! Only good at hurting others.

• prologos
    prologos

Vidiot: about Covington "unity comment--" "the most truthful thing said"??

In Vino Veritas.

many jws like him drown, lessen their stress, conscions conflict with a glass, a bottle or two--.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

People who love playing the victim. They also tend to be boring and depressing.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I've noticed that too. So many JWs have the victim mentality of "It's so harhd in this system, with all our sickness, and the pressure of this system," and on and on and on. And then when you leave JWs you realise non-JWs face the same things, but instead of whining and whinging and blaming satan, they get on with life.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

People with Obsessive Compulsive Thought Disorder or Idealistic type people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit